47: 鑰匙

"It's always arts and crafts." I laugh, with Axl alongside me as we headed down the hallway to meet the children.

"We get tired of it, the children don't." He told me.

"But they aren't learning much, are they? There's no issue with them doing arts and crafts, but they don't do much of anything else."

He shrugged, "I guess they just find it easier to plan whatever worked before." I nodded as we headed inside, where children swarmed up to us.

It was much easier to remember their names when I just started. When more comes in and some leave, it gets easy to mix them up, or even forget them all together.

I look at the children tugging at my leg. I remember this one though. I ruffle his hair with a smile, "Let go of my leg, Jonathan. I can't get inside."

He reluctantly does so, and I bend down to kiss his crown, "Go sit down," I urge.

It's a while later, the children are settled down at their seats, working on their projects. I'm with Jonathan, again. This child clings onto me like super glue. I've got no complaints though. He and his little bowl cut are the cutest things i've seen.

We're seated next to another gorgeous little girl, who I know Jonathan has taken a liking for. He hasn't said anything, but I can tell with his sheepish smiles and not so subtle gazes.

Today's topic was to draw what happiness meant to them, and to write down why it was. Jonathan seemed to know what he wanted when he asked me to help draw this exact scene. Just the three of us at this table, drawing.

He was happy at this exact moment. This is what happiness looked like to him. My heart jumped, knowing that I had the pleasure to be in this drawing of his.

I do feel like quite a third wheeler though, accompanying him as he sat next to his dream girl.

I'm colouring in the brown of the table as I heard the girl talk to Jonathan with a curious tone, "Who is he?"

I didn't care to put much attention, and focused on the task at hand.

"I know him," Jonathan replies proudly.

"You do?"

"I saw him on the tv! He is rich."

I snorted a bit at his childish words.

"That doesn't count as knowing!" I turned my head and saw the girl smacking Jonathan on the head with a loud laugh.

"That's not nice." I say, watching Jonathan rub his forehead.

"Who are you two talking about?"

The little girl happily points towards the door, and my eyes follow. They widen.

"Aera, do you think he's rich?" She asked me, as I stared in a daze.

"Of course he is rich," Jonathan retorted confidently, "And popular."

He leans in to whisper into her ear, but I'm too focused on the man by the door who had his arms crossed and shoulder resting against the frame.

What is Jungkook doing here?

"You hugged him?" Jonathan's crush gasped. It was then that I realized this may have been on the day he visited the orphanage.

"I told you I know him!" Just a young child in love doing all that he can to impress the princess of his dreams..I would be laughing if I wasn't standing up from the chair and walking straight to Jungkook, as if there was a string pulling me towards him.