67: 公園

"Hey honey," My lips jerk up at the nickname he's given me. It's comforting because it gives me a moment of chimera whenever he says it. It makes me feel like we're already a married couple, as if the obstacles we've been thrown at for the past few months were merely nightmares.

"I'm just getting off work, are you at home?"

The cold breeze flowed through my legs, and toyed with my hair before finally letting it down, "I'm at the nearby park."

There was a silence between us until he finally spoke with a tone of amusement, "You went out."

"Yeah." I pulled my jacket closer around my torso when the wind visited me a second time. My eyes caught a mother and her son walking along the concrete path by the river. It made me think of Lana, even though she's much older than the child.

My heart aches every time I remember that Lana must grow up without her parents. At least I had more to remember. That's why Lana's personality often comes off as too defensive and even overwhelming at times. I can't blame her.

I wish I could say that I've been good sister to Lana. She always fills me in on the things going on in her life, but shouldn't I have been there as she was experiencing them? Not after? I'm always chasing after her timeline, but I can never find myself having a spot on it. I know it's my fault more than anyone else's.

"Are you alone?" Jungkook's voice came through the phone again. I nodded, then realized he couldn't see me.

"Yes." I quickly answered, pursing my lips in sheer embarrassment.

"I'll come get you, I'm on the road already."

We bid our temporary goodbyes, and soon I was back on my own with the phone on my lap. The mother and her son was already long gone from my sight. Another group of people caught my attention. They seemed to be a group of high schoolers, chatting over each other as they walked along the same path.

The world seems to be giving me a plenty of signs today. I'm sure Jungkook has already gotten the connections to Bangtan. Maybe he's keeping it from me so that I don't feel the pressure to meet anyone. But Bangtan aren't just 'anyone'. They're a safe place, a memory of happiness and comfort. If anything, I think going out to meet them could be good for me.

"It's cold out here, is that jacket enough?" I whipped my head to the sound of my fiancé's voice. I check the time on my phone. Twenty minutes had passed just like that.

Still in his working attire, Jungkook takes the empty seat on the bench next to me, and I catch the covert gaze towards the engangment ring on my finger. Jungkook's hand soon joins in, taking my fingers into his palm. His skin felt warm, unlike mine that was already exposed to the cold air for some time.

"I'm sorry nothing is going as planned," Jungkook spoke softly with his eyes on the jewelry. We probably would have been married by now.

"Don't be." He places my hand back on my lap after skimming his thumb over the glimmering diamond. We were in no rush to leave, and it seemed even more apparent when Jungkook bent to rest his head against my shoulder.

"How was your day at work?" I asked him then, in response to his gesture. He must be tired, I doubt he's had dinner yet either. Jungkook took my hand and crossed his arms, trapping me in his hold. I had no complaints though, he was so warm and soft, like a bear.

"Working makes me feel old." I chuckled at his reply with my hand reaching to run through his hair.

"To be honest, I know this isn't what I want, but if you let me quit today, I wouldn't know what else I'd do either."