78: 婚禮

"Do you feel that rather than familiarity and knowledge, your relationship with Aera is built more on an emotional connection?"

I nodded without hesitation. I doubt I know everything about her. We've been together for nearly two years out of the twenty-three years of her life, which leaves me with a lot to miss out on. I don't know all the factual things. I don't know when she got her first 100 on a test, or what she despised eating the most as a child. I don't even know what her parents look like. I know I can love her without knowing these things. But maybe I'd know how to love her better if I did.

"Would you think that maybe, despite your relationship being strong and passionate, because of the short time it's been given, it still hasn't had the chance to mature?"

I crook my head to the side, I had a sense of what he was saying, but the concept was still hazy in my head, "Elaborate?"

"The two of you have actively felt the same for a span of four to five years, yet only have had so little time to really explore and understand the dynamics to this thing you both share. There are still key elements to your relationship that are possibly underdeveloped. Therefore causing your bond, despite unbreakable, easily disturbed."

Oh, he's really digging in. But that was true. How much did we really know about each other? We know that we love each other a little too much. But have we really spent enough time together to have constructed a consistent form of communication? I'm constantly learning new things about Aera, and I know it's the same way for her too. Doctor Kim is right. Our relationship is a baby, in human age. A big, strong baby. But still a baby.

I wish it was as simple as that, but it's not.
There is so much more to a relationship than loving each other.

"What do I do then?" I blurted out, voicing out my feeling of helplessness.

——Aera's

"How do you feel about weddings?"

We're sitting in the back of the car as Jun loaded our luggage. He's so boney I'm worried that he won't be able to handle it, but that man is persistent about doing his job right, so we let him.

"...I don't know. They're nice, sometimes. You?"

Jungkook shrugs. I don't think he wants a wedding. But maybe he's scared that I want one. Our engagement has been dragged on for so long, I don't even mind at this point. I just want to be able to call him my husband. I nudge him with my shoulder, "What is it? What's on your mind?"

He gulps as if to prepare himself, "Look, this is just an idea okay? If you don't want to do it, it's fine, I'm not gonna push it-"

"Stop with the disclaimers, spill," I nudge his knee with mine. My ears strain and hear Jun grunting in the back. Poor guy.

"I don't want a wedding." Jungkook confesses as if it's the world's most horrific crime. He looks at me with such fear in his eyes, it made me almost annoyed that he would be scared of my reaction.

"Okay," I breathed calmly, "Then how do you want to do it? We can talk about it. I don't need a wedding,"

I shift my body towards Jungkook and my eyes catch Jun getting ready to enter the car. We meet eyes and I shake my head at him. Being the smart man that he is, Jun takes the cue to stay outside and rested himself against the vehicle.

"I want us to get married, now. Like...go to the court now and get married right there and then get on the plane for our honeymoon." Which would be our month-long trip in Bhutan.

I widened my eyes, not that I didn't like the idea, I loved it, a lot. I just didn't expect this from him, "I didn't take you as an impulsive guy,"

I'm starting to like this idea so much I can feel my heart thumping with excitement before it's even been set. Jungkook is in his casual attire now, with his hair in a bun. Ever since that dinner where I forced him to put it up, Jungkook's been doing it willingly. He looks good like that and he knows it.

"So...how do you feel about it?"

Marrying Jungkook in a bun? I'll take it.

"Yeah, let's do it," I say swiftly with a wide grin, and the eager man immediately pulls me into his lap to shower me with kisses from my lips down to my chest.

I drape my arms over his shoulder as I let my laugh run free, his lips tickle against my skin and it awakens the butterflies from the pit of my stomach, "Wait," I breathed, "Wouldn't your mother be upset? And everyone else?"

"Fuck everyone else, and she'd understand. We can have a private celebration with just the three of us after," I was straddling him now, with his warm hands resting above my thighs.

"Shit," I rest my forehead on his shoulder and a chuckle erupts from my lips, "We're really doing this."

Jungkook's palms slid up to my hips, "Yes we are," And I could hear the smile in his voice.

"You know we need two witnesses, and we only have Jun," I bring my head back up at the thought with an exhale. Right, even if we decided to do everything against tradition, we still have to be realistic at some point. We'll probably have to head back into the house later to grab more documents too. I was so head over heels about the idea of marrying Jungkook that I almost forgot there's such an unnecessary process to it. Why can't we just kiss and make it a deal?

"I have an idea," Jungkook sits me onto my actual seat and knocks on the window. I snicker, watching Jun jolts and turns immediately. He opens the door and pops his head in, "Yes Mr.Jeon?"

"Call your girlfriend over, Aera and I are getting married."