10: 事實

I feel pathetic.

Despite my attempts to swallow my emotions I had still ended up crying the night before. Crying over Jungkook, whom I've met almost but not yet a month ago. But time isn't what's important, right? We don't talk much about each other's past, but it's who we are now that's most important.

I shouldn't think like that. I don't forget what happened in the last school. I got too hopeful and turned careless.

I reach over to my phone from the mattress and look at the notifications with puffy eyes.

-
Kook
Hey..question.

Kook
did you know about me before we met?

Kook
like..seen me on the news or anything?

Kook
if not, don't look at any of the things written about me online

Kook
please.

Kook
you there?
-

It takes me a moment to suck up his words. Right, he's supposed to be famous, some son of a rich man, I suppose. Truth be told, despite my dumb crush on him, searching him up online was never brought to my mind.

Aera
Why?

-

I intend on respecting him and not searching anything up, just as he asked, but it doesn't stop me from feeling curious.

Arriving at school already, I check my phone for the hundredth time, seeing if he's answered my question or not. He hasn't. Brushing it off, I was sure that I could just ask when face to face when I meet him. But little did I know, giving me a truthful answer meant gathering up all the courage left in him, and telling me the rotten part of his past—a past he was dying to erase.

"JungKook!" Finding him after the third period, he turns his head at me with a shaken look on his face. He seemed nervous, even.

"You didn't answer my question." I hold up my screen, showing him our text history.

"..I just don't feel comfortable with what's been put online about me, and I don't want you to start thinking of me a different way, just because you heard something from someone that isn't even in my life."

"...you're a great dude, what's the worst that could be said?"

Obviously, I wasn't sensing the weight of this conversation.

He then shrugs, "People say all types of things."

Asshole, prick, murderer. But I didn't know.

"I've gotta head to class. 'See you around." And then the weirdest thing happens, he smiles. And it's so fake, so unnatural, that it sent shivers down my spine. My eyebrows furrow at his behaviour. He sees my expression but he chooses to ignore it, ruffling my hair as usual and striding away down the hallway.

/

"Tell me about JungKook." I run to Eun-Ae's table once lunch break starts. I ask her this without even bothering to greet her. Our conversation was all my mind ever thought about in this span of three hours.