8: 她

———JungKook's

"Where have you been all day?" My mother questions me the second I enter the door.

"Out."

"The school called, you were absent the whole afternoon."

"I was with a friend."

"Friend? Who? Those boys again?"

Here she goes again.

"They're such bad influence. You have a reputation to hold up, stop hanging out with them."

"It wasn't them, I was with someone else. And it was me that suggested to skip class."

We meet eyes and her gaze is rotten, angered, cold like ice. I hate it.

"Get your shit together." She huffs before storming up the stairs.

/

I stare at the ceiling, despite my eyes crying for sleep. My mind rewinds back to the things that Aera told me on the rooftop.

But my mind keeps getting sidetracked. Sidetracked by her smile that rarely surfaces, her eyes when they look back at me, her lips when she talks, her cheeks when I catch her staring.

I've realized that one of her eyes is a bit smaller than the other and when she smiles it's slightly crooked. But weirdly, I adore that. So much. It shows a different side to her, innocence, purity, happiness.

But everything else is so different. Seeing the way she worked in the café, how she ran around, with sweat dripping from her chin; I knew she was fighter.

She acts so tough, but at the same time you just can't help but watch over her; to make sure that she's alright.

That's it: she was strong. too strong. Because no normal person would be able to live the ways she does and still smile. It's the fear that she'll break down any moment, that makes me want to keep her close to me.

I smile silently as I reminded myself of the little skinship from when I had hugged her and pretended to be her boyfriend. I wish I wasn't faking.

I pursed my lips, burying my face in my hands when I feel the butterflies kicking in.