21: 草地

"All we have to do is send the police to her house and she'll be done for. Or I could pay them to release the pictures and make you the victim. I won't hesitate to."

———Jungkook's

She's in my arms, head on my chest. This is as safe as she'll get.

The way her warmth mixes with mine makes my heart thump rapidly, and I only hope it's not loud enough to wake her up.

I love how soft and warm her skin feels under my palm. I love her hair that lays on my neck, tickling me every time she shifts. I love her sweet intoxicating scent that's beginning to take over my uniform like perfume. I love her cheeks, and i do even more when i see her left one smooshed up against my chest. I love the euphoric rush that takes over my body whenever she's around. When she's around, nothing else matters.

She's my lucky charm.

I don't want this moment to end.

All is silent as we lay on the grass field, only our soft breathing is heard. No one is here to harm us, to separate us, to judge us. It's perfect.

The sun hits and she stirs awake. Her eyes peel open hesitantly, and the first thing they do is look at me.

I smile.

We decided to skip gym class, since neither of us were excited at all to share an hour with Eunji. I don't feel safe leaving Aera in the same place with her anymore. So like Aera told me to, I'm protecting her.

I'll keep her safe.

"What time is it?" She mumbled, knuckles rubbing around her eye. She squirms against me and I feel my body burning up with heat. With an arm still clasped tightly around her waist, I use the other to pull out my phone.

"Still twenty minutes until the next period," I inform her, and she nods nonchalantly.

"I didn't mean to fall asleep, I'm sorry." She bats her eyelashes unconsciously and I grin, eyes locked onto her. Her eyes are fucking beautiful.

I cup the back of her neck and leave a peck on her forehead. She blushes. And I blush too, because the feeling of her skin against my lips is overwhelming.

I can't ever imagine a day where I get sick of her. From head to toe, every inch, every curve, everything-I love it all. Everything about her is alluring and addictive. I want more, and even more than more. I love the things she loves about herself-those that she confidently show off- and even the things she hates about herself-the little things that she puts in the most effort to hide-I adore it all.

I want to save all the time in the world for her, keep her from all harm, make her feel special, chat with her about the things that she enjoys, anything, as long as I get to see that slightly crooked smile of hers. When she's not around everything feels wrong. I suppose this is what love feels like.

"I love you." She tells me.

I try to say it back but my throat fails me.

I can't say it back.

It will hurt her.

Our bond will become the very thing that tears us apart and I don't want to admit to it.

"Maybe we should get back." I tell her, eyes towards the sky to ignore her frowning face.

"...yeah." She sighs. "We should."

She sits up and leaves my embrace. Her skin leaves mine.

And I feel empty again.

"Jungkook?" She holds out her hand, and I look up at her, who was the standing right where the sun would have been to blind my eyes. The sunlight glowed around her as the breeze made her hair fly just the slightest.

She's not real.

She's an angel.

She can't be real.

She's your girlfriend, dumbass-I remind myself this and finally stand up to take her hand.

"Are we going to keep doing this?"

I shouldn't have opened my mouth.

"Doing what?" She asks as we make our way off the grass field.

"This...thing...us." I look towards our intertwined hands and she does too.

"We're going to be forced apart by my parents, and we both know this. We're not going to last, so why..?"

"You sound like you want us to break up."

She sounds angry.

"I don't, but I do if being together means hurting you and your sister."

"I'm the one that's going to get hurt, so I get to say if we're staying together or not."

"So your sister doesn't get a say."

I pretty much just accused of her being selfish.

Instead of shouting at me she quiets down and I hear her swallow-hard.

"You're right."

I feel her hand slipping away from mine.

"She's always been innocent. But she always had to get hurt whenever I did, suffer whenever I did."

Our hands separated.

"I'm gonna head to my next class now." Aera mumbles and walks ahead of me.

"Should I walk you there?" I ask, standing still.

She stops and I hear her sigh once again, "It's fine."

And then she walked off, became a small dot, and simply disappeared.