12: 真心

It was a small, delicate, and gentle kiss, but that alone was enough to send me into the clouds. Even when his lips left mine I had trouble containing the smile on my face.

"So.." I teetered my feet back and forth, pursing my lips at the sudden awkwardness.

He licks his lips and he grins, "Sweet."

Warmth rushes to my cheeks and I turn to run away, but instead i'm held back, as he grabs me by the loop on my backpack. Karma, I suppose.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Shift. I have to work." I look up at him to meet his eyes.

"I'll take you." He pulls on my backpack, I try to resist but eventually he gets it off of me. He hangs my backpack behind his shoulder, resting right on top of his.

"I'll carry it for you. Let's go." He flashed a small grin and walked off ahead of me as I stood there, in awe.

Goddamn, that was hot as fuck.

/

We're not dating, it doesn't seem like. Not everyone dates right after confessing and I get that. But that kiss reassured me that I had him in my palms and that alone is enough for me.

I'd expect myself to have commitment issues after getting hurt with Mark. I loved him a lot, I'd think that he'd be the last person I'll ever open myself up to.

But with Jungkook, it's so different.

I wasn't scared at all when we kissed.

I wasn't worried at all.

I wasn't doubtful at all.

Because I just know that he wouldn't hurt me. Just seeing how he's looking at me from his table gives me reassurance.

"Table three." The barista slides a drink over and I smile.

Normally I'd dread giving customers their orders, because that meant I'd have to walk out of the counter again, and interact with strangers I'm not familiar with.

But right now doing that meant giving me a chance to be closer to him.

I carry the drink on a platform with one hand and head out. As I head towards JungKook's table I try not to smile so obviously, but by the way he's quietly chuckling, I know I've failed. When I walk past him I feel his hand skim past my fingers slyly, and blush immediately returns to my cheeks.

"Enjoy." I smile widely to the customer widely, not to be polite, it was just way too hard not too smile after the little moment Jungkook and I had.

Lightly skipping over to Jungkook's table, I peep over to the counter to make sure the barista's not looking.

"Hey." I whisper, and instead of replying, he reaches for my hand, and loosely intertwines our fingers.

Cardiac arrest. Cardiac arrest.

"Where do you want to go after this?" He asks me, thumb caressing the back of my hand.

"I have to go home, Lana will be waiting."

"Your little sister?"

I nod. He purses his lips in thought, then looks back at me.

"How about we go pick up your sister, then bring you two over to my house for the night?"

Almost with no hesitation I'd agree to it, but I wasn't completely immature.

"Wouldn't your parents mind?"

"They won't be home, 'busy as always."

"I don't want to bother you though-"

"I get lonely in a big house, accompany me. I can play with your sister as well."

"You'd want to play with my sister?"

Mark would always roll his eyes whenever I spoke of Lana. Being someone that loves my sister more than the world, I talked about her—a lot.

But Jungkook is asking to spend time with Lana. He wants to know about her, to play with her.

"Can I ask you something?" I gulp, looking at our joined hands.

"Anything."

"What are we?"

He looks at me, seemingly not knowing the answer himself.

"Aera!" I whip my head to the counter where the barrister now stood with his hands on his hips.

"Shit." I run back behind the counter, ripping my hand away from Jungkook's.

/

"I thought about what you asked me."

JungKook's parents went on a business trip, and took their family driver with them—giving the both of us the only option to wait for the bus. We decided to rest by the park while we wait for our ride.

I look to him, "What'd I ask you?"

"You asked me what we were, before your coworker called you in."

Right, I did. But now, I don't want to hear his answer anymore. The thought of him rejecting me in some way makes my heart drop.

"I like you a lot, for real."

His hand slips into mine and I feel my body tense up from the skin ship.

"But,"

Oh no.

"Because I like you so much, I want to take 'us' seriously, I want to take things slow."

"So..your answer to my question.."

"Approaching first base." He jokes, and I break out laughing.