16: 他的,她的

Now with my sprained leg I can only stand behind the counter. The manager pleaded that I took a break, but like I always say, money won't make itself.

Though my disliking towards Eunji has increased, I must thank her. Because now that I'm not moving in and out of the counter, I get to watch Jungkook as much as I like.

With my arm propped up and my palm against my chin, I watch as Jungkook makes his way towards me, showing off his toothy grin.

"Hey."

"Hey." I blush. And it seems like he caught the tinted pink on my cheeks, since his smile grew two times wider.

"Are you ordering anything?"

He then shrugs, "Just give me something so I can stay here till the end of your shift."

I nod, "Is tiramisu latte okay?"

And of course, he agrees to it. I take the money from him and before I can hand him the change he speaks, "The rest is tip, yours."

He leans over leaves a kiss on my cheek before striding back over to his seat and I'm left in a daze, swooning over him as hard as one could ever.

God wished he could be Jungkook.

My shift was soon over and the barista is already long gone. Now only Jungkook and I are in the café, alone. The café is now dimly lit and all is silent except for our quiet breathing. It's a perfect setting for something romantic. But he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet, and I understand why he hasn't. We agreed to take things slow, but I don't want to wait anymore. I no longer want to flirt around, I want the real thing.

I would kill to be in his arms right now, but my hurt leg keeps me planted to the floor and I'm stuck behind the counter. Luckily, Jungkook likes me —for some reason—so he willingly made his way over instead.

"Long day, huh?" He crossed the door that severed the dining area from the cashier, and I can already feel my heart jumping out of my chest.

I nodded. The days before Jungkook were always long and dreadful. Now I even anticipate for my shift first thing in the morning, because I get to look at him even more. I never get tired of him and his features. So humane, yet so godly.

"You're staring." He points this out to me though I'm already well aware.

"I know." My eyes glisten and my teeth bites softly down on my bottom lip. He's leaned up against the shelves with his arms crossed and his sleeves rolled up. I want to keep this memory of him sealed in a capsule and keep it for myself and only myself.

"Aera."

"Yeah?" I say with a stutter, turning my attention back to his words.

"Can I kiss you?"

Oh goodness.

Those words trigger my memory and I'm taken back to one month ago, when our awkward yet precious confessions took place. He kissed me and I felt something truly ethereal when his lips touched mine. Those soft, sweet lips.

Blood runs up to my cheeks and I'm fighting to hide it, but it's no use.

"I take it as a yes?"

Goddamn it just kiss me already.

He pushes himself away from the cupboards and took a step toward me. It seemed that one step had never seemed so slow. I wanted him, right here and right now. Fast isn't fast enough.

The endless butterflies awake in my stomach when his hand reaches to the back of my neck, and he leans in, breath softly caressing my cheek.

"Can I ask you another question?"

Goddamn, why is he doing this to me?

"Yes." I say, slightly paranoid about how long it's taking for him to kiss me.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Holy shit.

"Aera?"

He snaps me back to reality and I realize I've gone silent on him for nearly a minute. But it wasn't my fault that he had spoken such words. He was bound to put me in shock and he's definitely aware of this.

"Yes! Yes, I'll be your-goddamn it." My body responds to this in a rush and I lock my arms around his neck, forcefully pulling him closer towards me. He stumbled forward, and his lips meet mine just as his hands meet my hip.

There it is. That ethereal feeling that burns through me in the most beautiful way.

I wonder if he feels the same thing when he's kissing me. Does he get the same butterflies, the same excitement, the same rush of love?

He steps away from me and my questions are answered immediately. I crack into a giggle when my eyes catch his ears that began to burn a bright red. I didn't know one's ear could be so red.

"Stop laughing." The blush reaches his cheeks as he mumbled, hands going up to cover his ears.

"It's cute." Despite my hurt and aching body, I tiptoe with both my feet and leave a peck on his cheek.

"I have to close the café, let's get going." I limp away from him and busy myself to hide my cheeks that are just as red as his.

I take off my apron and take my backpack out from the cabinets. When I came back to the counter Jungkook was already waiting out the door with his face in his hands. We're in differently spaces but I can hear him squealing.

Jungkook, squealing.

i slowly head out, and lock the door behind me. I look to him and he composes himself, hiding the excitement behind his stiff expression.

"I called my driver." He mumbled to me and I simply nod. My attention was focused on his shaking hand, that wavered around mine nervously. He was hesitating about holding my hand, nibbling on his bottom lip as he did.

"You can hold my hand." I tell him with a cheek sore smile.

It's almost like falling in love for the first time though it's not. We're both so clumsy, so nervous, but we both want this so badly. Definitely the first time falling this hard, though.

After hearing me, his hand immediately clasps around mine, engulfing my tiny fingers with his. He was warm, he grabbed onto me so tightly like he'd never let go but his hold was so delicate and soft. I feel safe.

We eventually see the car drive over and stop right before us. Jungkook opens the door and holds me as I carefully step in. To be very honest i've always felt uncomfortable in his driver's car, because every time I come in he stares me through the mirror. I've told Jungkook about his driver's disliking towards me but he always tries to convince me differently.

And here he is, staring at me again.

"Where to, Sir?" He finally cuts the gaze and looks to Jungkook who now sits next to me.

"Where do you want to go?"

"I don't mind."

"Take her home, then." He tells the driver then looks to me. He smoothly reaches his arm over my shoulder, and push me close to his chest. He blessed my head with a little kiss, then with his free arm he took my hand and intertwined our fingers together.

Fight the blush. Fight the blush.

"You must be tired." He comments, and I nod my head against him.

"Sleep, I'll wake you up when we get there." He then says, followed by another kiss on my forehead. With no intention of going against his suggestion, I let my eyelids close with his warmth pampering me to sleep.