11: 臉紅

I never care about someone's past more than who they really are—mostly because if I myself was judged by my past I'd be left with no friends. But ever since hearing Jungkook's confession, it almost brought us closer, in a way. It helped me understand him better. Now I understand why he acts the way that he does, and why certain things upset him more than it would with a normal person.

And I appreciate him more. He's someone that owns up to his mistakes and learns from them, someone that treasures everything that's been given to him because he knows the pain of losing them.

He isn't the average rich kingka I'd thought of him as in the beginning. I had him all wrong. And I've got to own up to that too.

"What are you thinking about?" He smiles, with his teeth showing. And after hearing everything, his smile seems so much more precious. So much more important to nourish and to cherish.

We were at the table with the rest of the boys as well as Eun-Ae, but it was cut up into two different groups; Jungkook and i, and the others—basically. We were in our own world, savouring each other's presence like a sweet treat.

"Nothing."

"That's definitely not the truth."

"Hey, you two love birds, stop flirting around, go somewhere else to do that." Jimin teases and Jungkook and I both turn our heads away from each other.

"Stop teasing them, let them love freely." Namjoon talks, but only adds oil to the fire.

"Jungkook doesn't even like me! Jimin, you even know this! Boys and girls can be friends too!" I quickly retort, a little louder than I intended to. Jimin frowns in confusion while Jungkook lets his mouth fall agape.

"No way." Jin exaggerates. "There's no way Jungkookie likes someone else but still looks at Aera like that."

"Like what?" I snap, not noticing how quiet Jungkook is.

"Like he has a big fat crush on you, that's what. And what do you mean 'Jimin, you even know this'?" Jimin's voice raises by about two octaves as he imitates my voice—and he's doing a horrible job.

"I don't sound like that-"

Wait.

"You think he likes me?"

"He probably worships you even." Jimin scoffs.

I turn my head to the boy beside me who has his lips sewed up.

"Jungkook?" I look to him for an explanation but he doesn't meet my eyes.

"See? He's not even talking. He doesn't like me." I say this while my ears burn from embarrassment. Though I'm denying what everyone else is claiming, god knows how badly I want them to be right.

"How the fuck did you interpret that as in 'he doesn't like me'." Okay now he's just using this as an excuse to pick on my voice.

"Jungkook likes you, Aera. Trust us." Namjoon says with a cocky grin on his face.

I don't get a chance to reply before Jungkook takes off and runs out the cafeteria.

"Where's he going?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"I was just teasing, but seeing him run like that?" Jin says and I turn to meet his eyes.

"He definitely likes you."

/

School's ended and I'm a hundred percent sure JungKook's been ignoring me ever since lunch break. When we bump into each other in the hall, he just takes off to the other end.

But he's not running away this time.

I grab the loop on his backpack and he almost falls on his butt.

"You're ignoring me." I state, hands on my hips. His eyes dart down to the floor as he purses his lips.

"I'm not."

"Do you like me?"

"Aera!" He looks up at me and gasps, looking more nervous than I've ever seen him be.

"Do you or do you not?"

Please say yes. Please say yes.

"What would you do if I say that I don't?"

"Maybe cry into my pillow for the next few years." I shrug casually, and he lets a chuckle escape from his lips.

He seems a bit more confident now.

"And if I say that I do? That I do like you."

"Also cry into my pillow for the next few years,"

He freezes.

"from overflowing with happiness."

I don't know where this confidence came from, but I'm starting to believe that what the guys are saying is true.

Over the last few hours, instead of focusing on the classes, I've been digging through my memory for any signs that tells me whether if he likes me or not.

Not to be overly narcissistic, but I'm starting to see it now. The way I always catch him staring at me, the way he sticks to me like glue every time we're in the same room, or even how protective he is over me at any given time, like he's ready to start world war three if someone lays a finger on me.

I look up to meet his gaze, and he's smiling, widely—very widely.

His hand raises up to my cheek and that was enough to stop me from breathing. I hold my breath and gulp down my saliva when I feel him coming closer.

He dips his head lower.

And instead of the well expected confession 'i like you',

he kisses me.

And for these few seconds that his lips are on mine, it's pure bliss.