02. oscars

"Okay, you look beautiful. I look beautiful. We're ready to go" Lexie said for the millionth time in the car. It wasn't helping Ella's nerves.

"What if my boob pops out?" Ella feared the worst with her in her beautiful but hardly practical dress.

"It's not going to, calm down. You're gonna go in there, win an Oscar and then party all night with me" Lexie beamed.

Ella knew how much this meant to Lexie, they had gone over to each other's houses since they were nine to watch the Oscars. It was a huge thing that Ella might be getting one but she really wasn't expecting one.

"Don't get your hopes up Lex, I'm new to acting which means it's a pity nomination most likely" she tried to lay down the truth to her over excited friend.

"Elle we're here!" Lexie beamed. Lexie was wearing a slim fitted navy dress while Ella was being dressed by Givenchy which meant she had to be over the top so everyone would look at her.

Ella's manager, Robbie, lead them over to the red carpet so they could go through what was about to happen. The stylists fixed Ella's dress as best as they could so she didn't look crinkled or in anyway flawed while on the red carpet.

"Okay Elle, you ready? You are going to walk along that carpet and I'll tap you when we are doing an interview and you just stop okay?" Robbie was always kind to her and truly wanted her to succeed in what she was doing.

Elle started to walk along the carpet with her team following close behind. She hated red carpets, everyone just yelled at her and she didn't know where to look. Once in a while she would glance around to see if she could spot anyone or to see if Lexie was okay. Lexie was always going to thrive at the Oscars, it was in her nature.

"Ella" Robbie's voice pulled her away from the flashing lights and towards a very beautiful woman who was holding a microphone in front of her.

"Here we have Ella Lawrence, star of the movie 'Sunrise'. Hello, Ella how are you feeling right now?" The woman smiled kindly towards Ella which she appreciated since some weren't so kind. Ella found it was always best to just tell the truth in interviews unless told otherwise.

"Honestly, I'm very nervous. There are so many famous faces around, I feel very small" she let out an awkward laugh at the end which made the interviewer smile.

"What movies do you hope win tonight, other than 'Sunrise' of course" the interviewer laughed so Ella laughed with her.

"Well, my best friend and I watched all of the nominated films this evening and our favourites were 'Dunkirk' and 'Call me by your name' so I hope they both do well" The interviewer perked up slightly when she spoke which showed she had done something right.

"Oh so are you a big Timothée Chalamet fan? He seems to be a favourite for tonight" her smile was devious so Ella decided to stay away from any hints of untruth.

"I can't say I knew of him before I watched the film but I enjoyed it thoroughly" her smile seemed uncomfortably plastered onto her face as the interview dragged on.

Robbie thanked the interviewer and pulled Ella away from the interviewer when he saw that she was getting bored.

"Can we just go in? Interviews bore me" Ella stood by the side of the red carpet while her team got ready to go into the event.

"Are you Ella Lawrence?" Ella looked up to see an older woman standing in front of her. Before she could answer Robbie stepped in the way of them both.

"Sorry no interviews right now" he said out of place, Ella raised her hand to indicate for him to stop and he did.

"It's okay Robbie, she's not press" something about Ella felt like she knew this woman. Robbie backed off and let Ella speak to the woman.