33. lily

Timothée's management had arranged for him to go out for coffee with Lily Rose Depp before they started the run for the movie. Timmy had met her briefly, she was nice from what he knew.

He walked into the cafe he had been told to meet her in. He ordered a black coffee and sat at a table near the window so he could wait for her. While he waited, he scrolled through his phone and stalked a few people. Moments later he felt someone's presence around him.

"Timothée?" Someone said, he looked up to see a young girl that he recognised as Lily. She was so small and skinny.

"Lily, hi" he smiled as he stood up and hugged her hello. "Do you want something to drink?" He asked politely.

"Yeah, I'll go get one" she said. He knew she was only a few years younger than him but she looked so young it was crazy. He watched her get her drink, she was very beautiful. She came back and sat down with him, smiling.

"How are you?" Timmy asked, not really sure what they would talk about.

"I'm exhausted, I just got back from France yesterday so I'm jet lagged beyond belief" she sipped at her drink, he wasn't even sure what her drink was.

"Oh yeah? Where in France?" He was genuinely interested.

"Paris. I was visiting my mom, she lives there." She answered. "Your name sounds french, are you?"

"Yeah, my dad is french. We're from Le Chambon-Sur-Lignon near Lyon." He nodded as he spoke. She raised her eyebrows.

"I went to Lyon once, it was beautiful. Do you speak french?" She didn't think she would like Timmy as much as she did. When they had met before he was really distracted and always checking his phone.

"Fluently, you?" He sipped his drink while she nodded. She didn't expect to have things in common with him.

"Same, my mom is french. Do you go there often?" She ran her finger round the ring of her cup.

"I used to, I spent all my summers there when I was in school but I've been so busy these past few years I haven't found the time" he realised how much he missed his family home in France. He wanted to take Ella there one day.

"My parents had split custody so I've spent half of my life there" Lily nodded as if they were saying the same thing.

"That must've been weird. They're such different cultures." Timmy knew how weird it was the first time he went to France as a teenager, how all the other teenagers were around him. It took him a long time to get used to their culture.

"I have two sides to me I guess." She said mysteriously, then she took a sip from her cup without breaking eye contact.

"Yeah? Like split personalities?" He joked, she let out a pretty laugh.

"When I go to Paris, I have my french friends and my french life. Then, I go to LA and I have My American friends and life. I keep them separate." She shrugged, even she didn't really know why she kept them separate but it was the way she had always lived her life.

"That must be nice. If one life isn't so great you can just switch to the other" Timmy found peace in what she said. Lily had never thought of it that way.

"I'm a real life Hannah Montana" she joked, he chuckled at her and took a few gulps of his coffee. "You know Saoirse Ronan don't you?" She tried to continue the conversation.

"Yeah, she's a good friend of mine. Do you know her?" He assumed she did otherwise why would she ask but still.

"She looked after me at my first Cannes, I owe her my life" Lily exaggerated which made Timmy laugh.