06. notting hill

"I am just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her" Julia Roberts' voice shook as she spoke.

"Bullshit" Timmy laughed at the actress. Ella had gone to her party a couple of hours ago and Timmy was waiting for her to get back. In the mean time, he watched the movie that inspired Ella to move to where she is.

Timothée watched the movie with a frown on his face, he didn't remember it being this cheesy. It did make Notting Hill look like a beautiful place however.

timmy: notting hill is cheesy as shit

He waited for a reply but nothing came. He mentally cursed himself for sending it because now he was just going to stare at the phone until she replied.

He googled what time it would be in the UK and it said almost midnight. How long did she want to be at that party? He checked his calendar for available dates, he already had the date Ella had sent him earlier. He only had to wait two weeks to see her.

Timmy turned off the tv and started to wander around his apartment, waiting for her to reply. He felt like a teenage girl by doing this but he knew the minute she replied he would be there.

ella: but hugh grant is so dreamy.

Timmy grinned at her reply and collapsed onto the sofa so he could think of something to say.

timmy: how was your party?

ella: it was a connections thing, everyone else got to get wasted while i tried to get my name out there.

timmy: sounds lame. i'll take you to a real party when you visit.

ella: i'm dying for a holiday.

Timmy one hundred percent understood how she felt. He had the day off to relax but after that it was a whirlwind of interviews, script reading, learning lines and meetings with management. It was just a countdown to when he could see Ella.

timmy: well you're coming to new york in two weeks.

ella: i can't believe you didn't like notting hill.

Before Timmy had a chance to answer, his door swung open and in walked his best friend Matt.

"Sup" Matt swung his hand down for Timmy to greet him to which he did.

Matt and Timothée had gone to school together and had been best friends for seven years. Even when Timmy grew famous, Matt didn't let him get too big headed. Matt was like Timmy's Lexie.

"Why were you watching Notting Hill?" Matt laughed as he shoved Timmy.

"Ella Lawrence lives in Notting Hill" Timmy gave him a cheeky grin which indicated something was going on that Matt didn't know about.

"Ella Lawrence? The movie star?" Matt was confused but slightly impressed. "Did you meet her at the Oscars?" He tried to understand why his best friend wouldn't tell him this.

"Yep." Timmy threw Matt the controller so he could watch whatever he wanted. He made his way to his kitchen to grab them both a beer. He heard a text come through which made him smile, his smile dropped however when he realised he had left it on the sofa where Matt was.

"What other classics do you hate?" Matt read the text aloud. Timmy crumbled with embarrassment and let out a small groan. "Yeah Timmy? What other classics do you hate?" Matt teased as he read the texts. "Is she coming to New York?" He asked, Timmy snatched his phone away from him.

"Yes. In a couple of weeks" he ignored Ella and locked his phone.

"But you saw her literally two days ago. You were just begging for her to come to New York" Matt didn't understand, Timmy was begging someone he hardly knew to come and visit him. "Did you sleep with her and then catch the feels?" Matt smiled at Timmy who was dying of embarrassment.

"No!" Timmy burst but it only sounded like a lie. "I met her at the Oscars, we spent the after party together and now we are friends" Timmy didn't want to be Ella's friend but Matt didn't need to know that.

"I'm gonna have a raging party when she comes and you are gonna bring her. Dude, this is gonna be insane" Matt shouted. Sometimes Matt was too much of a douche for Timmy but most of the time he was just about the right amount of douche.

"Dude I want her to have a good time so she'll want to come back. I don't want her to be peer pressured by some white dude to do b-tech drugs." Timmy summed up all of Matt's partys.

"Timmy! Come on, I want to meet her!" Matt pulled him down onto the sofa. "No drugs, i promise. At least not for her" Matt was getting too excited but he was a sly fan of Ella's and the thought of Timmy dating her was very exciting for him.

"Fine, we will swing by." Matt yelled out in excitement. "I am planning it, it's going to be awesome" He ruffled Timmys hair which made him laugh hard. "Ask her if she's coming, text her, ask her if she's coming" Matt got overly excited about it.

timmy: good news, my buddy's having a party the weekend you are coming. do you wanna go?

timmy: and don't call notting hill a classic, that's offensive.

ella: i'm in and stfu it's beautiful.

Timmy laughed out loud which made Matt raise his eyebrows. He could tell that Ella had replied by the look on Timmy's face.

"What did she say?" Matt asked as Timmy hid behind his phone. "Timmy!" He yelled, Timmy just laughed and ignored Matt.

"She's coming, Jesus dude." Timmy kicked Matt away. Matt put on some random tv show while Timmy tapped his fingers constantly.

timmy: are you home now?

ella: yep, it's 2am here.

timmy: oh shit sorry, i'll let you sleep.

ella: i would do that cute thing where i say i'm not tired but I am.

timmy: eh, you're cute anyway. goodnight x

"Dude I just sent her a kiss by accident" Timmy started to freak out. He jumped up and sat on the arm of the sofa. Matt's eyes widened as he watched his best friend freak out over nothing.

"Have you kissed her yet?" Matt asked, Timmy didn't know what this had to do with anything.

"Uh, yeah" Timmy was never shy about girls but for some reason he was shy about Ella.

"So what's the problem?" Matt couldn't help but laugh at his reaction. "It's not like you've put something out there that's not already been explored" Timmy let out a groan at his best friends insensitivity.

"Can we not talk about exploring Ella please?" Timmy stood up and started pacing. "She's not replying" he panicked.

"Dude, read me what you said" Matt was enjoying this but also needed his friend to calm down. Timmy didn't want to read what he had said in fear of Matt calling him a pussy.

"I said goodnight, kiss" he left out the cute part but Matt saw right through him.

"Okay, either you said more than that and freaked her out or she's fallen asleep. Did you say anything else?" Matt raised his eyebrows. Timmy stuttered for a moment before letting out a deep breath.

"I called her cute" he said as if he were ashamed. He was never soppy like this, it was new for both of them.

"Okay, cringy but not relationship ruining. She probably just fell asleep." Matt shrugged and then turned back to the tv screen.

Timmy stared at his phone for s few seconds and then slid it into his pocket. He wasn't going to let Ella ruin him, he wasn't going to let her contaminate his thoughts twenty four seven.

The two boys sat in front of the tv screen, watching some random show that Matt liked. Timmy tried his best to get Ella out of his mind but he couldn't stop. He didn't want to ruin what they had and he wanted her more than anything to come and see him in New York.

"How do you even send a kiss by accident?" Matt laughed to himself.