09. day two

Timmy had promised Ella he would show he his New York, the one he had grown up in. She didn't want to go to the tourist attractions, she wanted to see the trinkets New York had to offer.

"Hmm, ready?" Timmy called from the living room. Ella walked out in some black boyfriend jeans, a striped jumper but she had no jacket to go with it.

"Can I borrow a jacket?" She asked as she walked out into his spacious living room. Timmy threw her his denim jacket, his favourite, and grinned as she put it on. Ella did a spin for him and Timmy's only response was to bite his lip.

"It looks way better on you" Ella didn't believe him but it was all Timmy could think about. He had no idea how she could look so beautiful in his clothes. He moved so he was inches from her and pulled down her collar, he almost felt proud that she looked so breathtaking in his jacket. He held his hands on her collar and used it to pull her closer to him.

Ella's breath hitched as he hovered over her, she prayed for more moments like this. Timmy leant down and gave her a strong kiss, it was his addiction now, he couldn't get enough.

Timmy and Ella trotted down the streets on Manhattan, Timmy's arm firmly around Ellas shoulder. Timmy was going to take her to one of his favourite places in the whole of New York.

Timmy swung Ella round when they arrived so she could see the small shop they were entering. Timmy watched Ella's reaction as she read the big sign above the building.

'Bertie's Books from Beyond'

"We're at a book shop?" Ella tried not to sound disappointed while Timmy was too excited to function.

"Not really" Ella stared at his face that leaked excitement, she knew that she would enjoy it even if it was boring. Timmy took his arm from around her, taking her hand instead and lead her into the shop.

"Bertie, my man" Timmy slapped the hand of the guy behind the counter. "This is Ella" Timmy introduced Bertie to Ella. Bertie shook Ella's hand and gave her a warm smile.

"Nice to meet you Ella" Bertie had never seen Timmy bring a girl into his shop before, she must've been very special to Timmy.

"Your shop is beautiful" Ella complimented, she loved the old rustic look of the shop. It showed character and was clearly unique from other shops. Timmy dissolved at her accent which Bertie noticed. Bertie went to reply but Timothée got impatient and cut their conversation short.

"Bert, is upstairs open?" Timmy was so excited to show Ella his favourite place, where he spent many nights going over lines with Bertie and hanging out by himself. Bertie threw Timmy his keys and gave him a wink.

"All yours" Ella gave Bertie a huge smile to be polite before Timmy yanked her hand through the store.

Timmy lead her threw a door and up a spiral staircase, Ella didn't know what to expect from this adventure but she went along with it anyway. When they reached the top, Timmy let out a long breath as if he'd accomplished something. Ella let go of his hand when she saw what the room contained.

There were hundreds and hundreds of vinyls, in boxes, in piles on top of piles, it was never ending. Ella made her way through the maze while Timmy just watched her. In the middle of the room was an old record player, the one in which Timmy plays all his records.

"My dad used to own this store, this was my favourite room" Timmy didn't move from the top of the stairs, afraid to interrupt the moment. Ella came across a pile that was full of old French singers.

"This is amazing, I've never seen a room hold so many stories" Ella picked up one of the vinyls she had never heard of and tried to remove the dust. Timmy couldn't help but smile at the way Ella was taking all of it.