44. night out

"Do you know how long I have worked for this?" Ella was sobbing in front of Milo. He rolled his eyes.

"You have hardly worked for anything. You have just had good luck on the way. You haven't earned any of this." Milo spat. Ella cried more and more.

"Cut!" The director yelled. Ella wiped her eyes and fanned her face.

"That was a good take, well done" Milo said as a make up girl brushed his face. Ella started to stretch, it had been a fourteen hour day.

"Okay, Ella. You're next scene isn't being shot until tomorrow, you can go." The director yelled. "Good work Elle." He added. Ella threw a thumbs up in his general direction and went to get her stuff together.

"Ella!!" She heard more than one voice yell from the door of her dressing room. She turned around to see Lexie and Pauline grinning in the doorway.

"Hey! What are you guys doing here?" She was genuinely surprised but also exhausted.

"We wanted to grab you for some dinner. Are you free?" Lexie asked, praying that she was.

"Yeah I just finished, I'll get changed and grab my stuff." She smiled, the girls grinned as Ella put a bunch of random things in her bag.

Once Ella was ready, all three girls made there way to a restaurant of Lexie's choice.

ella: going out for dinner with pauline and lexie. i'll text you when i am on my way home

timmy: ok have fun love you

ella: love you

The girls walked into the well lit restaurant. It was one of those ones that had just lightbulbs hanging from the ceiling and it was all brick wall.

They made sure they had a booth table so they could exclude themselves from the rest of the restaurant as much as possible.

"Thanks guys, I really needed this. I've been around too much testosterone while being here" Ella breathed as the girls laughed. It was true, she loved Timmy but she hadn't spent time with another girl in such a long time.

"Well wherever you are in the world you have at least one of us." Lexie shrugged, Pauline pointed to her to tell her she was right. They ordered champagne because it's not only to celebrate and some food to go with it.

"So Lexie, what are you thinking with the whole Matt situation? Where are you at with that?" Pauline asked when they were all on their second glass of champagne and their food had arrived.

"He's much nicer than I anticipated." She said. Ella squinted her eyes in confusion and Lexie stayed quiet.

"That's it?" Ella burst after an awkward silence. Lexie shrugged, feeling too awkward to come up with anything else. She didn't know how she felt about Matt yet and didn't want to say anything to the girls that she didn't mean.

"He's nice. He was nice at Coachella but he's nicer now for whatever reason." She shrugged again. Ella and Pauline looked at each other.

"Would you ever consider the whole long distance thing?" Pauline asked. Ella wanted to know this herself so listened carefully for the answer.

"If I felt like I was in love with him and he was worth it; I would probably just move to New York" she said so nonchalantly. Ella almost choked on nothing while Pauline just raised her eyebrows.

"You'd just up and move your whole life for a guy?" Ella asked. If it were as simple as Lexie was making it seem, she would've moved to New York for Timmy in the beginning; but it wasn't that simple.