58. hurtful tears

Ella stared at the tv while Timmy stared at her as he perched on his kitchen stool. He watched her so carefully, she could feel his eyes bearing into her but ignored it because she knew he was doing it out of love. She felt safe with him, almost so much that she was afraid to be with out him.

She hadn't moved in hours, just stared at the tv and watched whatever was on. Every once in a while she would blink or wiggle her fingers and Timmy would know she was still in there.

"Do you want something to eat?" His voice made her jump as she turned her head to him. She stayed quiet for a moment but then let out a small smile.

"Can I have a Big Mac?" She asked, he flashed her a grin and nodded quickly.

"You can have whatever you want." He replied before getting his phone out to get a postmates.

Ella took a deep breath and moved her eyes to her phone that had been placed on the table and not been touched. She knew eventually she would have to look at it, even if it was only to call Mia.

"I'm just going to make a phone call." Her voice was hoarse as she spoke. He looked up from his phone and watched her walk into his bedroom with her phone.

She ignored all the texts she had and that were popping up and dialled Mia's number.

"Ella?" She answered, sounding afraid. Ella took in a deep breath.

"Hey" Ella breathed, Mia let out a sound of relief and sadness.

Mia trusted that Ella could go to meet the director without anything going wrong. She was wrong. No one except Timothée knew exactly what had happened but the whole world knew that something had happened. Mia was at a loss for what to do about the situation, she didn't know what was going on.

"Ella, where are you?" She asked, Ella let out a sigh and sat on Timmy's bed.

"I'm at Timmy's" she said quietly, Mia was silent for a moment. She couldn't tell whether she was joking or not.

"Okay" she dragged her word, unsure of what to say. "You need to explain to me right now what's happened because none of this makes sense." She demanded.

Ella took a deep breath and retold the whole night as best she could. She knew if there was one person she had to tell, it was Mia. Mia's job was to make it okay again.

Timmy waited for her to come back out. He had set out their food on the coffee table in a fancy way that he was quite proud of. When she emerged, he stood like a waiter behind the table and smiled at her.

"Who did you call?" He asked as she walked directly to the food.

"Mia. She's trying to clear my name." Ella sat down and placed a fry in her mouth, letting out a moan of pleasure in the meantime. Timmy sat down next to her and smiled.

"That's good, right?" He replied, she nodded as she stuffed a few more fries in her mouth.

"So, Timothée" she crossed her legs and faced him, feeling much more relaxed after her conversation with Mia.

"So, Ella." He picked up his burger and took a bite, he loved hanging out with her.

"I haven't seen you in eight months, what have you been doing?" Ella felt like she would never get the time she deserved with Timmy, she deserved that eight months with him. Timmy took a deep breath.

"Well, The King came out and I did a press tour for it. It's doing pretty well I guess. Beautiful Boy premieres at Tiff this weekend actually so I'm going to Toronto to promote that tomorrow actually" he explained, Ella nodded and took a bite of her Big Mac.