55. secrets let slip

Our baby's back^^
——————————————
Once Ella had told Lexie she was coming to New York, Lexie started to prepare everything for her. Mia advised her to stay in a hotel with Milo but in separate rooms to avoid suspicion. Lexie knew this but still made up a room for her in her and Matt's apartment just in case.

"Hey Lex." Timmy's voice made her jump as she made the bed. "Expecting someone?" He asked once he noticed her making the bed. She stared at him and froze, unable to think of something to say. He watched her freeze and raised his eyebrows.

"No. I just changed the bedding." She lied, he squinted his eyes in suspicion but didn't question her any further.

"Do you know when Matt's gonna be back? I swear he gets off work at three on Fridays" he leant against the doorframe as Lexie knelt on the floor. She looked at her watch and shrugged.

"I dunno. Give him a call, he might be staying late or something." She shrugged, he looked around the room again and nodded. "Feel free to wait for him"

"Okay. Have fun changing the sheets." He smiled and left the room. Lexie let out a sigh of relief and continued to make up the room.

Matt came back from work just as Lexie was making tea and coffee for her and Timmy. She called him into the kitchen as he got home.

"Hey there pretty lady." He grinned, giving her a long kiss against the counter top. She smiled into the kiss, pressing her hands to his cheeks. She let herself melt into it before pulling out so she could talk to him.

"If Ella comes here, he can't be here." She whispered, Matt sighed.

"I know." He whispered back, she shifted her eyes to Timmy who was watched their tv. "But,"

"No buts." She cut him off. "The last thing she needs is for him to walk back into her life after all this." She argued, Matt looked up to the sky.

"I want to tell him." Matt suggested, Lexie's eyes widened. "Not that she's coming to New York but that he hurt her." He added, Lexie's eyes got wider.

"Why on earth would you want to do that?" She whisper-yelled.

"He loves her. He has a right to know!" He whisper yelled back. She shook her head.

"No he does not. If she wanted him to know, she would've called him." She retorted. Matt shook his head back. "She asked me specifically not to tell either of you."

"If we broke up and someone hit you and Timmy found out, I would want him to tell me." He defended, Lexie scrunched up her face in anger at his valid point.

"Hey, you guys okay?" Timmy made them both jump with his voice at such close proximity. Matt turned to face him and they both avoided eye contact with him.

"Yep. We're fine." Lexie gave him a forced smile, knowing they had to tell him now.

"We need to tell you something" Matt said, Lexie let out a sigh and rubbed her forehead.

"I am the worst best friend." She muttered. Timmy was beyond confused.

"It's about Ella." Matt added, Timmy's head perked up at the sound of her name but fear ran through him.

"What? Is she okay?" He panicked, knowing the news wasn't going to be good. It's not like they were going to say 'she's coming to New York because she still loves you and she wants you back'.

"You know when I got that call during monopoly yesterday?" Lexie joined in, realising there was no going back now. Timmy leant against the wall, feeling weak all of a sudden.