15. ellen

"Dude! It's on!" Matt yelled from the living room. Timmy sprinted from the kitchen to the couch where he threw himself to see Ella on Ellen.

"Hey everybody! We have a great show for you today! We have so many special guests including Idris Elba and Ella Lawrence!" Ellen yelled into the camera.

"Woo! Go Elle!" Timmy clapped his hands loudly while he yelled at the tv and Matt joined in. Matt had a large tub of popcorn in front of him, he was sat quite relaxed whereas Timmy was leant towards the tv as if it made him closer to Ella.

"Aren't you literally going to see her next week for Coachella?" Matt didn't get it whenever Timmy complained about missing her and he certainly didn't get it when Timmy refused to go to the upper east side with him today just so he could watch Ella on the tv.

"Yes but that's a whole five days away." Timmy complained.

"I don't even know why you complain about never seeing her when the most you've spent apart is two weeks" Matt threw a piece of popcorn at his friend who had his eyes glued to the screen.

"Two weeks can feel like a heck of a lot of time when you miss someone" Timmy's tone shut Matt right up, he watched his friend act strangely and decided not to comment on it anymore.

"Please welcome Ella Lawrence!" Ellen shouted and on walked Ella. Timmy and Matt both subconsciously clapped with the crowd and finally Timmy laid back and watched Ella. She was wearing a tight black dress with a mesh embroidered black dress over the top. To Timmy, she looked stunning.

"So Ella, can I just say congratulations for your Oscar nomination. Did you have a good night?" Ella started off smoothly as per usual.

"Heck yeah she did" Matt commented, Timmy playfully hit him but grinned knowing Ella was probably thinking about him.

"Thank you! Yeah, it was fantastic, I met some amazing people and just had the best time" Ella gushed, Ellen held a happy smile towards her.

"Hey she indirected you. Aww" Matt teased which earned another slap from Timmy.

"That's great, you really deserved that nomination. I loved the movie. Do you wanna explain what it's about?" Ellen lead Ella.

"Yeah, it's a coming of age story about a girl who's dream is to go to Paris. It's about her journey and how dedicated she is. It's kind of like if Lady Bird went on a road trip to Paris." Ella explained beautifully.

"Hey! She did it again" Matt laughed, Timmy couldn't pull himself away from looking at her. She was so elegant and put together. When Timmy went on Ellen, he was freaking out non stop.

"So, in this movie your character has a crush on Brandon Flynn's character. You two have this amazing chemistry on screen, how did you work on that to get it to be what it is?" Ellen asked, Timmy bit his lip and turned to Matt who was grinning a Timmy's jealousy.

"Google Brandon Flynn" he ordered him, Matt did as he was told and almost laughed out loud.

"I don't think you have to worry, he's dating Sam Smith" Matt showed Timmy his phone. Timmy almost let out a sigh of relief and continued to watch his girl kill it on Ellen.

"Well obviously there wasn't any real chemistry, I don't think I'm Brandon's type at all" Ella earned a laugh from he crowd and Ellen. "We spent a lot of time together though, making an actual friendship to use on screen. I love Brandon, he's one of my really good friends now" Ella grinned at Ellen.

"He's on that show, thirteen reasons why" Matt was still looking at his Wikipedia. Timmy wasn't interested in Brandon anymore, he was still staring at Ella. It creeped Matt out a bit.

"I heard that you had a funny encounter while filming 'sunrise'" Ellen pushed Ella to say a funny story to which she delivered.

"There's a scene in 'sunrise' where my character is in London and we had rented out the front of Buckingham Palace to film the scene. As Brandon and I are filming this scene, it was all very romantic and gooey, a really posh car pulls up and Prince Harry gets out. No one could believe it, he kind of just walked past us and straight into the palace" Ellen looked very impressed by the story as was the crowd.

"You're single right? Looking for a royal?" Ellen joked, Matt laughed loudly which annoyed Timmy.

"I don't think I could handle a Royal" Ella laughed.

"But you're young and single. Are you looking for a guy or do you have one or...?" Ellen pushed Ella to talk about boys which Timmy found mildly annoying.

"Oh no, I work too much for a relationship." Ella smiled but Timmy could tell it wasn't her real smile so that reassured him slightly.

"Are you sure this is okay for you to watch? She's literally pretending you don't exist" Matt felt kinda bad for his best friend but Timmy shook his head.

"We decided not to tell anyone, she's just doing what we decided" Timmy did find it hard to watch at times when Ella talked about boys.

"What's your type then? Do you have a type? I want to find you a man!" Ellen yelled which made everyone laugh.

"Well physically, I like guys who have tone but their not that built. I like shaggy kinda hair and a nice smile" Timmy was taken back by her description, so was Matt.

"What about personality?" Ellen pushed.

"Someone who will make me try new things, who can make me laugh. You know, the usual" Ella laughed, for a brief second she looked into the camera and for that second Timmy felt like she was looking straight at him.

"Aw, she just admitted her undying love for you" Matt teased which earned a huge slap from Timmy one final time.

"Okay, we'll be back after the break where I will have found Ella a boyfriend. Ella's back after the break when she plays a fun game with us." Ellen said and then the adverts started to play.

timmy: shaggy hair huh?

ella: oh god are you watching

timmy: wouldn't miss it for the world.

Ella smiled down at her phone during the break, Ellen was talking to a camera guy but then walked straight over to Ella.

"So, Timothée Chalamet huh?" Ella's heart dropped as she spoke.

"What?" Ella looked terrified, she assumed she had given it all away.

"Well, a friend of mine told me they saw you two together in New York and you practically described him back there. This is great!" Ellen seemed genuinely happy for them which scared Ella even more.

"Oh no no no. We met at the Oscars and are just friends, truly" Ella laughed awkwardly but Ellen wasn't having any of it.

"I get it if you wanna keep it to yourselves. He's great though, I think you two would be cute"

"There's really nothing to keep" Ella probably should've just admitted to it but she was set on convincing Ellen that she was single.

"Okay, I believe you. I just think you would make a cute couple." She shrugged and then went to get a bottle of water.

ella: ellen's onto us.

timmy: well you did just describe me as your type.

ella: oops sorry

timmy: i don't mind. you entertained matt.

ella: say hi for me. is he coming to coachella?

timmy: should be.

"Ella says hey" Timmy said to Matt from across the sofa. Matt was very confused, he thought Ella was on tv.

"Is she texting you during the break?" Matt asked, he let out a laugh. Timmy showed her texts and nodded. "And you say you want to keep it quiet" he laughed harder.

"I know, we're not doing a very good job" Timmy laughed with him.