41. new hope

"Timmy, what are you doing here?" Ella was pleased to see him but he couldn't see that. He had it drilled into his head that she wanted to be away from him.

"I know you want space and I will give that to you in a minute but I have to tell you something." He started. "Ella, I don't want you to fire your mum just because you think we're going to break up if you don't. I will love you no matter what. I just can't stand seeing her walking over you and you not having control over your own life and I know that you might call me a hypocrite because I tried to do that by telling you to fire your own mother; I mean who does that but-"

"Tim-" Ella tried to get a word in but Timmy had been rehearsing and if he stopped he would forget it.

"No. Let me say this and then you can have your space. It physically hurts me when you talk about her, everyone should have a mother who loves you and I am willing to share mine with you." Ella raised her eyebrows. "No one can be your biological mother but mine can sure as heck try." Ella suddenly became confused.

"Are you trying to adopt me as your sister?" She said quickly so he couldn't cut her off. Timmy's heart dropped.

"No. I just don't want you to have hole in your heart if you fire your mother and it goes badly. I don't want to ruin your life and I don't want you to resent me because I love you like I've never loved anyone before." He started panting again once he stopped speaking. He didn't know whether his heart was racing because he ran twenty blocks to get there or because he loved her that damn much.

"I just fired her." Ella said after Timmy seemed a little more gripped onto life. He was obviously happy with the news but didn't know how to react.

"Oh." Was all he could come up with. Ella stared at him and waited for him to say something else but nothing happened.

"You can be happy T. You were right about everything." Ella smiled. Timmy examined her smile to see if it was fake but it seemed pretty legit.

"So, can I kiss you?" He asked just as he had done when they had first met. Ella only rolled her eyes in response however.

"Yes you doof." She held out her arms. Timmy took a deep breath and scooped her up, locking their lips as he held her. Timmy hummed into the kiss as he held her in the air. He eventually put her down but Ella still clung to him.

"So...how long do you have this hotel room for?" He smirked. Ella let go of him which made him pout.

"I can't tonight. I have to answer everyone's e-mails and deal with this whole thing before getting up at five am to start shooting." Ella was stressed which made Timmy stress because he thought he was the cause of her stress which he was but Ella didn't see it like that.

"Do you want me to leave?" He assumed she still needed space which he was ok with even if all he wanted to do was smother her with love.

"No. Just hang out a while and until I'm done." She rubbed his shoulders. She could never get over the privilege she had to touch him anytime she wanted.

"Okay." He shrugged but he was secretly disappointed. Guilt washed over him as he realised he shouldn't be disappointed since he put her in this position. Ella held his face in her hands and placed a delicate kiss against his lips. Timmy soaked up all the love while he could then watched her walk back to her laptop.

Matt didn't hear from Timmy so he figured he had found her and they were ok. He, however was no ok. He couldn't stop thinking about Lexie. When they had met at Coachella, it was as if they had known each other their whole lives.

Then of course there was kiss, the kiss that neither of them had admitted to another soul let alone admit it to themselves that it happened. Matt was a player, he liked it that way but now whenever he hooked up with someone he couldn't help but think about Lexie.

Matt stared at his phone and waited for Lexie to reply. After he had asked her how she was, she had replied that she was doing well. After that they spoke about their days and then of course Timmy and Ella.

lexie: i agree that it happened fast. ella has never had a relationship like this where it is so complex but true.

matt: they had it easy. i wish it was always that easy.

lexie: you just have to be brave.

Matt knew how to be confident, he could walk up to a lady and then ten minutes later be walking out with her but being brave was a whole different story. Matt was very much a coward.

matt: never been good at that

lexie: maybe there hasn't been a good enough reason to.

Their conversation lasted all night. Matt had never spoken to any girl as polite as he did to Lexie. He genuinely cared what she thought of him; that was new.

Meanwhile, Timmy was sat on Ella's hotel bed eating nuts from a can while Ella finished off her last e-mail.

"Who do you think was the first person to eat a nut?" Timmy asked out of the blue. Ella didn't want to ignore him but it was hard to concentrate.

"Cavemen." She answered. Timmy held up a nut in front of his face and examined it.

"Like if I was out in the wild and saw something like this, I would never think of eating it." Timmy concluded.

"Good thing you're not in the wild then." Ella typed as fast as she could, she was writing the final draft of her letter to Faye explaining reasoning behind firing her mother and what will happen afterwards. Timmy put the nuts back on the table and checked his phone,

matt: been texting lexie since you left, dude it's scaring me.

"Ha, matt is texting Lexie and he's all scared about it." Timmy told Ella. Ella was shocked but she kept typing, she was on her conclusion. She let out a little squeal as she typed her name and then hit send.

"I'm done!" She squealed, she put her laptop down and ran to Timmy. He grinned as she jumped on the bed next to him.

"Did you hear me?" Timmy wondered whether she had actually listened to him.

"Yeah, Lexie's a big girl. If she is talking to him it's not going to be for nothing." Ella shrugged as Timmy showed her the text.

"Don't get me wrong, I love Matt but he's a player. I don't know whether he could do long distance faithfully." Timmy said honestly. Ella nodded but stuck by her statement. She rolled onto her side and placed her hand on his neck.

"We are the other couple. We have to make sure they go smoothly." She smiled, he mirrored her expression before kissing her softly.

"They'll be ok." Timmy tried to convince himself. He was worried however that they might not work and that will get in the way of him and Ella.

"And so will we." Ella added, Timmy grinned and kissed her a few times just because he could. Ella hummed and closed her eyes. "I'm so tired." She continued.

Timmy rolled out the bed, pulled the covers off and threw them over her. She smiled when he turned out the light and started to stretch his tired body. He stripped down to his underwear and got in next to her. She clung to him, she was so glad they were ok because she didn't know if she could survive a night without him.

"Thank you." Ella kissed him sloppily on the cheek a couple of times and then turned his face to kiss him on the lips.

"I love you." He mumbled, she scooched closer to him and wrapped her legs around his waist. He rolled her over so they were spooning. Ella felt very claustrophobic all of a sudden so she spun around in his arms and kissed him to wake him up. "What?" He groaned.

"Can I be the big spoon?" Ella whispered, Timmy thought about it for a second before silently turning around and letting her wrap herself around his back like a baby monkey.

matt: please come to new york

lexie: ok, i will visit ella and if we happen to see each other then that will be a fun coincidence

matt: i look forward to our fun coincidence