31. arguments

Ella stormed into the office a few days after having the conversation with Timmy. She was out for blood and everyone could see it as she stomped her way through the halls.

"Ella" she heard Mia's voice call for her but she was looking for her mum and the only place she would be is in Tara's office. "Ella!" Mia called again, not wanting her to make a stupid mistake out of pure rage.

"How dare you call his management!" Ella yelled as she entered the office where her mother and Tara were sitting. Tara became immediately awkward while Mia stood outside, helpless.

"Eleanor," she started but Ella wasn't going to let her talk her down.

"No! I'm in this relationship, not you. My contract says I control my relationships. I could sue this management for what you did!" Tara's eyes widened as she looked at Ella's mum for confirmation that what she was saying was true.

"With what lawyer?" She thought she had ground to stand on but Ella was about to cause an earthquake of rage.

"I will fire you. I can have any lawyer out there" Ella was breathing so heavily all she could hear was her breath and her heart thudding in her chest.

"I'm the best though." Her mother sat back in her office chair and watched her daughter have a fit in front of her.

"You're a fucking coward!" Ella screamed. Mia took this as her cue to enter and stop Ella before she said something she will regret.

"Okay Ella, lets take a minute to breathe" she tried to grab her arm but she shook her off.

"You are so afraid of losing me just like you lost me when I was ten. You didn't even have a chance of custody because dad was clearly the better parent. For once, you weren't the best at something!" Ella jabbed at her mum. Tara just pushed her chair backwards, moving herself out of it while Mia stood frozen with fear of what Ella's mum would do.

"Your dad raised you to be a pushover. I'm just here to make sure you that doesn't affect you in this job" her mum shrugged casually.

"What has that got to do with Timmy?" Ella wondered, calming down a bit.

"He is the kind of person who will push you over and distract you from what you really want. If you continue your relationship with him, every decision you make will be about him. Whether you can see him or not or whether he likes the script or not. You need to focus on you"

As she spoke, Ella finally understood something about her mother. She realised that that is why she is single and alone at the age she is; because she makes decisions based on what's right for her and her only.

"You are going to die alone." She said as more of a realisation than anything else. "Stay away from Timothée or I swear to god I will make sure you never see me or this office again" she walked out of the office.

"He's already changing you. He's pushing you over!" She yelled at Ella as she walked down the hall.

Mia followed Ella and steered her into her office so she could make sure she was alright. She shut the door behind them and hugged her tightly.

"Am I wrong? Am I being a pushover?" Ella's doubts crawled into her mind as she hugged Mia. Mia pushed Ella away and looking at her dead in the eyes.

"Ella, your mum is very clever and very scary but she is so wrong about this. She hasn't seen you when you're around him, she doesn't understand." Mia tried to comfort her. Ella wiped away a few stray tears.

"I can't believe she called his management. That's so embarrassing" Ella hid her face behind her hands. She let out an angry cry while Mia tried to make sure no one saw. "She's so infuriating"

"Maybe she shouldn't be your lawyer." Mia suggested, Ella sat in one of Mia's chairs and threw her head into her hands.

"Firing her means shoving her out of my life completely; as much as i cannot stand her, i don't know if i can do that" Ella had never said her thoughts out loud. Everyone around her assumed she hated her mother. Even Timmy didn't understand why she kept her around when she could easily get rid of her.

"But you did that when you were ten. You chose your dad" Mia sat with her. Mia had many clients but Ella was by far her favourite. They were friends more than anything else.

"But i still saw her on sundays. I still had her in my life even when i didn't want her. It's hard to explain but just having her there even if I don't want her there is comforting." Ella took some deep breaths to try and calm her down.

"Ella honey, parents are so complex sometimes. If you want to have her in your life then set some ground rules. I assure you she doesn't want to lose you" Mia tried to understand what was going on but there were probably few people in the world who could understand.

"She's such a stubborn cow" Mia laughed at her and made her stand up. She gave her a hug and then held her face, she wiped her tears away and smiled at her.

"We all know that, either let it be or find a solution. We all love you and are going to support you no matter what." Ella nodded understandingly and then gave her another hug.

"Thank you" Ella mumbled into Mia's shoulder.

"Anytime babe" Mia pulled out of the hug and pushed Ella out of the room to sort her life out which she really needed to do.

Lexie was at work when Ella got home so she had the whole place to herself. She sat at her desk in her room and tried to FaceTime Timmy. He didn't pick up the first time so she just sat there staring at herself in the camera, analysing every inch of her face, until he called her back.

"Hey" she smiled when she saw him. She could see he was outside, he was on his way home and was just walking down his street.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked, trying to look at her and the road.

"I just had a huge argument with my mum in my office so I'm pretty upset" she held her knees up to her chest and played with her toes. Timmy felt nothing but guilt.

"Elle I'm so sorry, I caused this" he could see she was sad and all he wanted to do was hold her.

"No, it's not your fault she shouldn't of intervened. How was your day?" Ella changed the subject. Timmy hopped up his steps towards his apartment. He didn't want her to change the subject but realised she maybe needed to.

"Had a bunch of meetings today. Met Lily, she's nice." He said as he climbed up the stairs of his building.

"I wanna meet her" Ella wasn't saying it in a jealous way, she was genuinely interested in meeting her.

"Well you can in a couple of weeks. I also met Robert Pattinson" Ella threw her legs down in shock. Timmy was breathing heavily as he walked up the stairs and didn't notice Ella's shock.

"You're doing a film with Robert Pattinson. Oh my god I loved Twilight" Ella fangirled, Timmy picked up on it and laughed just as he was putting his key in the lock.

"Maybe don't meet him then, you might leave me" He laughed, Ella giggled.

"I probably will. I like an older guy" Ella grinned, she didn't think she would grin today.

"Yeah I know you do" he laughed. Ella breathed a sigh of happiness and just watched him as he settled himself in his apartment.

"Are you not doing anything for the rest of the day?" Ella wondered as Timmy collapsed onto the sofa and let out a deep breath.

"Nope, you?" Ella was glad she could talk to him for the rest of the day but was frustrated that she couldn't physically be with him.

"I've been sent home to calm down and Lexie's at work so no" she pulled her legs up to her chest again.

"You sure you're okay?" He could see she needed a hug but it hurt so much that he couldn't give her one.

"Yeah, I just got to figure out what I need to do" she hoped she could sort it out without having to get Timmy too involved.