07. caught

Ella sat in her weekly business meeting, bored out of her mind and praying for the weekend. This was the weekend she was going to see Timmy, she was so nervous. What if it's awkward or the chemistry is just not there anymore? That would break Ella's heart. She was going by herself as well which meant if anything bad happens, she's on her own.

timmy: looking forward to this weekend. i have a lot planned...

Ella looked down at her phone, which was faced upwards on the table, and smiled. She went to pick it up and reply when someone's voice snapped her out of it.

"Ella? Is that alright?" Robbie's voice snapped her out of her happy bubble.

"What?" The whole room sighed, she suddenly felt like a diva which is what she never aspired to be.

"This weekend, it's your only free weekend so can we plan for you to make an appearance at the young actors of Great Britain society luncheon?" Ella pulled a face which made Lexie, her honorary management member snort.

"I can't this weekend, I'm in New York" Lexie's mouth dropped, she knew instantly why Ella was going and couldn't believe she didn't tell her.

"New York? That's not on the schedule" Ella's management assistant, Tara, said. She started to look through the calendar.

"I'm visiting a friend" Lexie tried not to smile, she didn't care that she hadn't told her, she was just happy Ella was going and doing something for herself.

"What friend? Are they famous?" Mia, Ella's publicist, joined in.

"Oh my god it's Timothée isn't it?" Robbie burst, Ella's eyes widened and Lexie's heart dropped. Ella didn't want their friendship or whatever it was exploited everywhere.

"Chalamet? Good choice Elle!" Mia congratulated, Ella rested her head on the table and groaned.

"Respectfully, I think Ella should go and enjoy herself this weekend. She's been working non-stop and she will be for most of her life, could she not just have this weekend by herself?" Lexie tried to vouch for her best friend which Ella appreciated.

"Well no, she will need security, a bodyguard at all time. What if paparazzi find out?" Robbie pointed out.

"They aren't going to. Look, I know you 'own' me per say but I will just have security on the plane and in the airports. Once I'm with my friend, who shall remain anonymous, I want to be left completely alone" Ella knew she was a famous movie star, it's not easy to deny but she really just wanted to be alone this weekend, god knows she's never alone.

"Fine. Security from Heathrow to JFK, yes?" Robbie looked angry but frankly, Ella didn't care.

"Yes, please. Thank you" her British politeness shone threw her anger. She gave Lexie a reassuring smile, she could always count on her to stand up for her.

Once the meeting was over, Ella's publicist, Mia, asked to have a word with her. She knew it was instantly about Timothée.

"Is it really Timothée Chalamet?" She slid across the table as if she were a nosy teenage girl, Ella hated that every relationship or friendship she had had to go through Mia.

"Yes Mia it is. Please don't make it a public thing, I've met him once, we've become friends through text. Please" Ella never wanted something to be more private in her life, it was wild.

"Ella babe, of course not." She stroked Ella's hair which calmed her down. "I can't publish or push anything without your consent anyway" there it goes, she always ruins it.

"I don't even know what it is yet" Ella let out a deep sigh but Mia was too excited for it. Mia had always wanted Ella to date someone exciting so she would have something real to deal with.

"Okay, you have to talk with him about what you two are going to say if you are spotted and ever asked. Remember you are going on Ellen in a few weeks and she loves him so be careful." Mia advised. Ella's heart raced, she was going to Ellen? She was going to be in America even if it was in LA, Timmy could visit in LA.

"When am I on the Ellen show?" Ella's heart raced at another opportunity.

"3rd of April" she knew Ella's schedule off the top of her head which should impress someone but no one seemed to care.

"Okay, thanks Mia." Ella kissed her cheek and exited the room.

ella: i'm in la on the 3rd of april.

timmy: why?

ella: ellen.

timmy: i visit la a lot, maybe i'll be there too.

ella: why'd you think i brought it up :)

Ella put her phone away to see a smiling Lexie in front of her.

"I can't believe your going to New York to see him. That is so cute!" Lexie gushed, Ella blushed furiously. Too many people knew, even if they were people she trusted.

"You can come if you want" Both Ella and Lexie knew that Ella didn't want her to come and that she was just being polite.

"Oh please, the last thing you want is me there" Lexie laughed, Ella laughed too because it was true. the girls started to walk out of the agency so they could go home.

"Hey, do you think your mum knows?" Lexie planted the worst thing Ella could think of into her mind and regretted it immediately. As soon as they got into the elevator, Ella started to freak out.

"Oh my god what if Bobbie or Mia tells her? Or anyone else for that matter! Oh my god Lexie, she's going to ban me from seeing him"

Ella didn't have the best relationship with her mother. Her mum made all the money in the family as a top lawyer when she was growing up which made her think she was better than anyone else. In the divorce, Ella stayed with her dad since she couldn't bare the thought of living with her mum.

Her mum paid for her to go to all the best schools and tried to take all the credit when Ella started to become famous and even demanded she had a say in what she did. There wasn't much about her mother that she liked but she sure did give good legal advise. She made her her top lawyer but kept trying to establish that she had no control over her which her mother didn't appreciate.

"Don't let her. Just introduce him to her, he'll win her over." Lexie tried to calm her down.

"She's gonna ruin it, I can feel it. I'm going to fall madly in love with him and then my mums going to rip him away and ruin it" Ella couldn't deal with the thought of never seeing Timmy again. She was scared of seeing him, loving it and then having it taken away.

"No she's not, don't let her" Lexie couldn't of said anything worse.

"When have I ever let her do anything? She just does it!" Ella couldn't stand the thought of her mother scaring Timmy away, she prayed no one told her about them at least not yet.

"Stop stop stop, look at me." Lexi grabbed her best friends face to make her focus. "I'm sorry I mentioned your mum, I should've known better. Now, you are going to go to New York and have an amazing time worn Timothée. Get drunk, eat junk food, just do anything you want. Have fun, god knows you deserve it" Ella calmed herself down and hugged her best friend just as the lift doors open.

"Okay"