Chapter One

Aaahhh. Summer. A time of peace, sunshine, and an awful lot of heat and sweat. This is the time where people are enjoying and having fun, a time where families go to the beach to bond, and for people like me, a time to move to another state.

I am currently packing up my bags as we were headed to an unknown civilization called Wormbrooke--- more like a wormhole. It sounds like a place in one of those horror films where a family moves to a new house and gets brutally murdered. I hope we are because that would be awesome. I'm just joking... Or am I?

But let's put all of that imagination aside and focus on what's really at hand. Moving.

It's quite scary though because then we'd have to adjust and I'd have to make new friends. I barely even have friends here, so it's no doubt that I would have zero friends there. And I've been conditioning myself to that. I've lived half of my years with no friends so I guess I'll do fine. And let's look at it this way, I'd have another chance of introducing myself to the world and that means I can be a new me.

I'm planning on being more open to possibilities and just putting myself out there. I know it's hard but I'll do my best. And if my best is not enough then who cares?

I didn't realize, with all the thinking, that I was already at the back of our car, fastening my seat belt. It's always good to fasten up before moving because it's literally a life saver. Who knows what will happen?

"Jack-jack, put your phone away." Mom commanded. Yep, my parents are big fans of the Incredibles movie. They named my brother Jack-Jack and me? Well, you guessed it. "Violet, look after your brother. You know how he gets too excited on a road trip. You have to take care of him honey, no matter what happens." Mom said. She looked at me and smiled.

"Okay mom"I replied.

"Your mom's right Violet. You're the older sibling. It's your duty to take care of your brother until he grows up. Take care of him like we did for you when you were three like him." My father, who always agreed to whatever mom said, added. The amazing thing about my parents is how there's always something good coming out of their mouths. Even when you're at fault, they never make you feel as if you're useless and unworthy. They may not be superheroes but they are our super parents.

"We love you both so much Violet." My parents sang together. I smiled.

My dad turned on the engine and pronounced, "Okay! Wormbrooke, here we come" and started driving.

"So, are you excited to attend your new school, Violet?" Mom asked.

Excited? I was petrified! "Yeah." I said, my words totally betraying how I really felt. It's not that I wasn't ready, it's just that I don't know what to expect! Being in the same school for years have made me accustomed to the environment, the people, and to the traditions that transferring to another school made it so... scary.

My old school wasn't that bad, it gave me the education that we hoped for and took care of me during my stay. I have been used to the way things were in that school that it makes me wonder whether or not my new school will do the same for me or if it would be worse. And what would my new classmates think of me? My teachers? The principal? The janitor???

"You don't have to be worried Violet, your aunt Mary is in the same school, she will take care of you there. I already talked to her and she's very much glad to have her favorite niece be in her class." Mom replied, reaching her hand and patted my knee.

"And don't forget, our house is by the beach which makes it more sweeter!" Dad exclaimed.

"Picnic!" Jack-Jack shouted.

"Yes!" Mom said as she looked at Jack-Jack with her googly eyes.

After that, we went into silent mode as we ran out of things to talk about. I laid my head on the headrest and put on my earphones as I listened to some music. I fell asleep after that.

I woke up to the sound of a screech and felt mom's hand on my knee. "Violet wake up! Honey, Honey!" She shouted as she held on to my dad's arm who was trying his best to control the wheel. It was heavily raining and everytging was foggy, the car was sliding everywhere and I can see my mom crying. "Mom?" I said as I held on to my mother's hand.

"Hold on to Jack-Jack. Take care of him, Violet!" She said and in just a blink of an eye, the car collided to what seemed to be a tree and all I felt was my arms holding on to my dear brother as both the force of the impact and my seat belt were tugging on me and everything went into a blur.

"Vi--" I hear my dad call out and I did my best to sit up as I felt shards of glass punch through my arms and stomach. I felt my head hurt as I tried to move but I failed and then, I blacked out.