Chapter Thirty-Four

I stood there, unable to move with who I was seeing.

"The name's Marcus Colt and I have something to tell you about Axel." Axel's father started as he asked me to sit down as if the house was his.

But just like Axel, he had such a commanding aura that he persuaded me to follow as told. And so I found myself sitting down, uncomfortably, on our couch.

"How can I help you, sir?" I said with uncertainty.

He cleared his throat. "I believe that you're the girl Axel's been seeing?"

I felt my throat dry up at his words.

My eyes went directlt to aunt Mary who was equally as confused as I was with Axel's father's appearance.

As much as I wanted to say yes. That I was, indeed, the girl he's talking about, I couldn't speak it up. Instead, I just nodded like a puppy.

He took a sigh, not a deep one, just a plain, unknown sigh. "Really? I just imagined you to be a lot..." He said, looking at me from my head down. "...more presentable." He said. Jerk.

I mustered my courage up, tired of all his blabbers. Who does he think he is coming to my house and telling me that I'm not presentable? This Phineas and Ferb top is the best top anyone could ever wear! Who does he think
he is, some Italian fashion designer who thinks everyone should be like one of those Victoria's Secret Angels?

Wait, Victoria's Secret is an American brand, isn't it?

YOU GET THE POINT!

"What is it that you want, sir?" I asked, not wanting to keep this any longer.

Mr. Colt cleared his throat again as he roamed across the halls of our living room, stopping at the window.

Aunt Mary and I looked at each other, with her eyes telepathically asking me what the hell is going on. I shrugged, unable to find an acceptable answer.

My eyes lurked back to Mr. Colt as he looked out of the window.

If this is some weird ass shit where the father of the man I love asks me to stay away from his son, I'm going to lose it!

"Axel... my son... he's not exactly normal." He started. "He has this condition called---"

"Schizophrenia." I cut him off.

His eyes darted towards me, wondering why I knew.

"It is a chronic mental disorder that affects how a person thinks, feels, or behaves." I added. "I know, Mr. Colt. Your son already told me." I blurted. "And if you are here to tell me that he's dangerous and that I need to stay away from him then..." I said, taking a deep breath. "... then I'm sorry, because I can't. Axel is not dangerous and he never hurt me, not even once. I mean, he almost did---"

"What?" Aunt Mary darted.

I looked at her with assurance. "Almost." I said. "But he never did. I don't know what you saw in him, or how bad you think he is... But I saw a different Axel. And he's not what you think." I said, firmly.

Mr. Colt looked at me, eyes peircing through but his face slowly turned into a grin. The same grin I saw from Axel. Mr. Colt smiled as if he was amused with what I said and then he laughed.

I don't know what happened but I found myself taken off guard and aunt Mary was fake-laughing as well in the background quite awkwardly.

"You--- You are something, Violet." He said, going back to the couch that he sat a few minutes ago, before I made a quite meaningful speech about Axel.