Chapter Forty-Five

"Well, do you like Violet?" Kristine asked once more, looking all serious.

Tyler! Why the fuck are you not speaking up???? You're putting our lives in jeopardy!!!!!! She likes the shit out of you so speak up!!!!!

Violet, DO SOMETHING!

"What?!" I started. "This guy?" I said sarcastically, pointing at Tyler.

I looked at Tyler with a sign on my face that says 'play along or we'll both go to hell.

But not a single movement or shift was seen from the island of Tyler.

Meanwhile, the island of Kristine was looking at me with a hurt stare and here I am, wondering why my life choices lead to this very moment.

"He doesn't!" I exclaimed, laughing simultaneously. "We were just joking around and my stupidity just said stupid stuff." I said, lookibg at Tyler. "Right?"

Finally, Tyler took the hint. "Y-yeah!" Tyler laughed. "I mean, this ugly face?" Tyler said, pointing at me.

My eyebrow raised. Who you callin' ugly?

"Oh." Kristine said with a relief. "I thought you did because I would throw a party or something!" She said with a low key sarcastic tone. She walked towards the paintbrushes and picked up one. "I thought you couldn't come, Ty." She said.

I looked at Tyler curiously.

"Yeah. I went to school to pick up some stuff for my college application." Tyler said.

"So, then, why are you here?" Kristine asked.

Tyler cleared his throat. "Well, uhm, I saw Violet at school getting some stuff from the Art room and I thought she needed the help." Tyler explained.

Kristine silently nodded her head.

"I heard you've been here since 3 am. Wow! That is some dedication right there. You guys must've been busy and exhausted." I butt in, trying to steer the conversation to another direction.

Kristine nodded, once again. "Yeah, that is why I called Tyler this morning because we needed some help but he said he was busy." She said. "However, I didn't know he was busy with you." She added, turning her gaze to me.

My mouth was kept shut from her burning gaze, piercing through my soul. I could feel her annoyance and her anger with every second that passed and let me just say this, I AM SCARED AS HELL.

But then she smiled. "Well, you seem pretty lonely here and you probably need more help than we do since you're... alone." Kristine said, emphasizing on the word, 'alone'. "So, I'll let this pass." She said, looking at Tyler.

"Y-yeah." I replied. She'll let this pass?

"So, I better get going now. The decorations committee need all the help they can get." Kristine said, slowly backing up.

"Tyler!" I called out then turning to him. "You should go and help. I got this covered." I said with a smile. Tyler looks at me with uncertainty. "Really. The canvass is up and all I need to do is paint and then I'm done." I said, reassuring him.

Tyler stared at me for a few seconds before nodding. "Okay. But if you need help with anything, just call me okay? I'm here." Tyler said with an assuring smile.

I smiled back and then my gaze turned to Kristine, who I don't know how to describe. She wasn't smiling which is not a good sign, so I'll leave you with that.

They made their way to where the decorations committee were and I, on the other hand, continued my mural.

I took a deep breath as soon as the area cleared.