Chapter Four

It has been a week since we moved in. Dr. Harry has been coming in and out of the house to check up on me.

I was sitting on the porch with a cup on my hand while I watch Jack-Jack play on the sand.

Pictures of the couple having sexual intercourse on the same sand flashed through my head. I almost wanted to grab Jack-Jack and bath him in alcohol but that would be ridiculous.

Every now and then, Jack-Jack would bring me shells of different shapes and color. He has gathered a lot the past week that we got 2 buckets full of it. Three, actually but I threw the shells out becausr it was starting to stink and also a lot of other living things needed those shells to live in so I was helping mother nature at the same time.

Sometimes I would wonder if Jack-Jack new that our parents weren't coming back anytime soon. Or if he knew that we were orphans now. I know he's just a baby and he'd probably forget but what if one day, when he finally has the senses to do so, he'd ask me where our parents was? Would I be able to answer him directly or would I stray and not answer at all? I grew up having parents by my side so I wouldn't be able to relate to what he has to go through as he grows older. And at 17, I don't think that I'll be able to take care of him as much as mom and dad did. But I made a promise to do so.

I called Jack-Jack out and told him to go inside to which he followed, I trailed after him to the kitchen.

I heard Aunt Mary run down the stairs. She has been staying here for the past week and has worked around with things. She keeps the house well-maintained and does all the chores. I help around quite often but she would tell me to rest or something because she didn't want me to move around too much.

She went in to the kitchen with a smile on her face.

"Why are you smiling aunt Mary?" Jack-Jack asked in his cutest little voice.

Aunt Mary smirked. "Am I?" She playfully said to Jack-Jack.

Jack-Jack nodded.

She took out a box of orange juice and poured it down her glass. I sat down on one of the stool chairs by the counter. "It's just that, this is the first time I've actually seen you two together." She said. "And it's refreshing."

"Ooohh. Sho that means you going to make us lasagana?" Jack-Jack asked.

Aunt Mary giggled, "What? Lasagana?"

Jack-Jack nodded. "Yep!" He said, confidently.

She shuffled Jack-Jack's hair. "Yeah, sure. I'm pretty sure your sister would love that." She said, looking at me.

I was too busy sipping my coffee that I didn'g know she was waiting for me to reply. "Uhm.. Yeah." I said, agreeing to whatever they said.

"Great!" Aunt Mary exclaimed. She took her keys out of her pocket as she swing it across her hands. "But I need to buy ingredients first. Do you want to come?" She asked Jack-Jack.

He nodded in delight. "Can Violet come too?" He asked.

Aunt Mary nodded. "If she wants to." She looked at me. "Do you want to come?"

Should I? I mean, I have nothing to do in this big, empty house. "Okay." I replied.

"Yay!" Jack-Jack jumped around and ran to the front door. "We're going to make lasagana! We're going to make lasagana!" He shouted repeatedly.

"Do you want to change or you're okay?" Aunt Mary asked.

I was wearing denim shorts and a black and white halter crop top beneath a gray polo button down shirt that I left open because it was awfully hot and I didn't want to cover myself in sweat. I then paired it off with humble slippers. "I'm fine."