Chapter Forty-Six

I got out of Tyler's car and on to my car, leaving the keys in the car behind.

If it gets stolen, who cares? Not me. That's not mine. It's not my problem.

Filled with rage, I drove back home. I just want to go to bed and sleep and sleep and maybe not wake up until everything's fine.

Ever been so mad that your head starts pounding? That's what I  am currently feeling right now. It was as if a drill was ramming through my head and it was painful.

I got in and saw Aunt Mary just about to go up the stairs.

She looked at me in clear surprise and I looked at her, truthfully relieved.

And just like that, by the sudden drop of adrenaline, I felt my vision blur as I fell down to the floor, unconscious.

The last thing I heard was Aunt Mary shouting my name. "VIOLET!"

○○○

I woke up in an all too familiar room. The same room I was in after the accident. My hospital room.

How did I know?

Because back when I was still confined here, the nurses put up a painting that consists of mainly yellows. It was an abstract full of yellows in different tones. I loved it at that time.

I was in the hospital again.

The thingy was beeping, the lights were dim, and it was silent. I tried to get up but I was too dizzy to do so.

I just laid down and waited for someone to come in.

A good 10 minutes after, Aunt Mary came in along with a doctor that was not Harry, but they stopped at the door. They were too busy discussing things that Aunt Mary had not realized that I was awake.

"The baby is weak." The doctor said. "And with the constant stress that Violet is enduring, this could put the baby's life in danger." The doctor added. Aunt Mary nodded a bit.
And finally they got in.

Aunt Mary's eyes immediately came to me as she turned. "Violet, you're awake." She said as she came to me, worriedly.

"I want to abort it." I said, bluntly.

"Vio---" Aunt Mary was about say my name but I cut her out.

"If it's weak then there's no purpose of going through with it. It's going to die eventually and I'd rather abort it than let it suffer." I explained. I am sure. 100%. I have been thinking about it for a long time now and I think it's the right thing to do. I don't want to do so much for the fetus when it is bound to die.

"What are you saying, Violet? You can't be serious? That's your baby!" Aunt Mary exclaimed in total shock.

I only looked at my hands that were directly above my tummy.

The doctor cleared her throat. "Terminating the pregnancy would be beneficial at this time since the child has not fully developed yet." The doctor said. Aunt Mary's head looking down, her hands leaning on the bed. "However, that fetus is holding on despite it being weak. It's not giving up and neither should you."

"Violet. You're just thinking that at the moment. You're stressed and you're making up things in your mind." Aunt Mary reasoned as she came towards me.

I took a deep sigh. I clenched my jaw. "I am not..." I started. "...going to let this child suffer. It is weak as you said so there's no point for me to push through. I won't wait until something happens to it." I said, firmly. "It's final. I'm aborting the baby."

"V-violet!" Aunt Mary exclaimed in total desperation, her eyes bulged at the sound of my words. She then turned to the doctor. "I would like to talk yo her privately please." She said.