Chapter Twenty-Five

"I hope he's okay now, doctor." I said, searching the doctor's face for any signs of disagreement. Fortunately, he was sure that Axel was indeed fine. I brought Axel to the hospital to make sure that he's okay. He didn't want to at first but I was persistent enough to convince him. It was difficult, like carrying an elephant from your bedroom to your car. Just to remind you that he's 6'2 while I'm a bit on the shorter part of the scale.

The doctor nodded. "He is stable now. He just needs to rest from the stress that he went through. And aside from that, he'll be discharged whenever he's ready."

It was as if some heavy weight got off my shoulders. Axel's okay, he's fine. And that's what matters now. "Okay. Thank you." I said, smiling to him.

The doctor smiled back and then walked away.

I looked at the door and took a deep sigh. Turning the knob, I immediately heard Axel's voice. "Violet?" He said.

I got in and saw Axel's worried face. "Yeah, I'm here." I replied, closing the door behind me. I looked at him and smiled. "How are you feeling?" I asked, in a softer voice.

"I'm fine." He replied, his eyes still locked on me.

I sat down beside him and stared at him, waiting for some sort of answer as to what happened. But he was silent as if he didn't want to speak, as if he was afraid of something. "Axel..."

"Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" He said, frightened.

"No." I replied. Why would he hurt me? Was it possible for him to hurt me? "Why would you say that?"

He looked to the side. "Nothing."

"You wouldn't be concerned if it was nothing." I said.

He was silent.

I took a deep breath, before standing up. "If you're okay now, I'm going home. Aunt Mary's probably looking for me now. Plus, I have to clean up the mess you made." I was about to turn around when he looked at me and I stopped.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Home. Because there's no point in staying here if you won't talk to me." I said.

He reached out his hand. "Please, Violet."

I roll my eyes. "Please what, Axel? Stay?" I scoffed. "I'm tired of this same cycle. Every time we see each other, nothing good happens. Axel, I don't want you hurting yourself. I don't want to lose you. I don't want to live a day knowing that I might lose you." I said, tears falling down. I know this was the hospital and tears have been shed here. But this time, I don't want to shed my tears infront of him but I just can't stop it. "I love you, Axel. I do. So much more than you can think of. But this is just not right. I don't want to see you hurting because of me. If this is what happens, you're better of without me."

He sat up. "No, Violet. It's not like that." He said.

"Then what, Axel?" I exclaimed.

"I want you to myself! I wanted to make sure that you'd be there for me no matter what happens." Axel said, gripping his hand tight. "Don't you understand that? Haven't you been listening to me? I want you to be mine and mine alone!"

I was out of words.

"I saw you that night with some guy. Did you actually think I wouldn't know? I wanted to hurt him so badly, to kill him every time he touched you. But I couldn't because you were beside him. For the first time, I saw how you smiled. You never smiled that way to me. You never looked at me the way you did with him. And at that moment, I wanted to be in his place. I wanted to be the guy that you're not afraid to be with. But I know I will never be." He said, with every bit of pain present in his voice. "And I'm so damn afraid to lose you. I'd rather lose my self than to lose you." He said, looking down.

"Then why didn't you just tell me?" I said. "Why did you have to hurt yourself first before telling me?" I bit my lip.

He took a deep sigh. "Because I wanted to make sure that you'll come for me."

I scoffed, laughing midway.

Axel's eyes turn up to me in utter confusion.

I covered my laughing mouth as he looked at me. "I'm sorry! It's just--- It's just, you're so.... emotional." I said, still laughing. I moved towards him, cupping his face. "You're such a buff yet you cry like a baby. Do you know that?" I looked down on him, my body pressed to his chest.

It was at this moment that I realized that I'm not too alone anymore. He is here--- Axel. And I don't want to lose him.

I ran my fingers through his hair. "I love you." I said, finally.

He looked at me in awe. This was the first time I've ever spoken the words to him. It was new to him, rare even. But for me, it was sincere and heart felt. I do love him, with every part of me and I was ready to love him without clear knowledge of what was to happen. For now, he's all that I want.

He pulled me closer and kissed me with the most gentle kiss in the world, and I took it and kissed him back. But a few seconds after, I broke off. "I don't think we can do this here. Someone might come in on us." I said.

Axel pecked on my lips. "Why? Can't I have some sex with my girlfriend whenever she and I want to?" He said, winking.

I covered my face with both my hands, embarrased to show my face. To be called his girlfriend is very new and it brought chills to every part of me.

"What?" Axel said, trying to get my hands off my face.

I took my hand back. "No!"

He laughed. "I get it, girlfriend. Or do you want me to call you babe? Baby?---" I cut him off.

"Violet, only Violet. I love my name whenever you say it." I said, softly while looking at him deeply.

"My Violet." He said.

I smiled. My Violet  sounded right. Always right.

•••

Hey guys!

First of all, I would like to apologize for the late update. I have been very busy with college. Honestly, last friday was the end of out prelim examinations and we had just started with our midterms yesterday. So imagine how hectic my schedule is. Plus, we also have this short movie that we have to film and some other stuff related to our school publication that I'm currently in.

And, I would like to apologize for the shitty chapter. I know you want to get some action (*wink) but I didn't want to write a chapter just for the sake of that. So, this is like a filler, sort of. And I promise you, more... you know what I mean... will be in the next chapters.

Lastly, I want to thank you for the 1k reads. I never really expected it to even reach 500 and now, gosh! Well, that's all!

Thank you!