Chapter Twenty-Two

The song ends and everyone cheered.

"Thank you! But sadly, this next song will be our last for tonight but we hope you enjoyed our time!" Tyler exclaims, as he placed his hand on his chest.

They proceeded on playing the next song which I didn't know so I can't tell you what song it was. But it was lively, I can tell.

"Violet, here!" Kristine hands me a bottle of beer which I took despite the fact that I didn't drink.

"I don't drink!" I shouted for Kristine to hear but she only smiled.

"Don't worry, we won't let you get drunk! So, just one!" She replies back, shouting to my face because we can't have a normal conversation with this crowd.

I nodded my head as I sipped on the beer, its bitter taste immediately hitting the buds of my tongue.

I looked around to find that Cheska wasn't beside me anymore. "Where's Cheska?" I asked.

"Probably off fucking some guy!" Kristine says, laughing. "Don't worry about her, she'll be fine." She says, waving her hand.

After the Wormland played their last song, they got out of the stage and into the backstage, disappearing from our sight. They were replaced by another band that was a sad excuse for one but I'll save their asses by giving them some props for their efforts.

I followed Kristine and Matt as they headed out of the club and into the beach.

I was actually third-wheeling them right now and I can't do anything but watch them be all sweet with each other as we walked by the shore.

It was quite dark now and the stars were visible. The wind was also blowing through my hair which made it nice, albeit having this back at my house, it's still amazing.

I felt a hand slide through to my mouth covering it and a hand holding my wrist to my back. "Shhh. Don't be too loud, they'll hear you." I heard Tyler's voice whisper to my ear.

I held on to his hand and moved it away from my mouth in relief.

"Why?" I asked.

"They're off to have some alone time and you don't want to be involved in that." He whispers. It made perfect sense since they were heading to a much darker part of the beach.

I nod. "Oh, okay."

We tiptoed away from the lovebirds and fortunately, we escaped from a potentially awkward situation.

I looked at Tyler who was looking down on his feet. "You sing pretty well." I say, smiling. He did.

He smiles back as he ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah, you think I should join a band?" He jokes.

I slapped him on his arm playfully. "Funny." I say, sarcastically.

"Well, you seemed to have enjoyed it so I guess I am." He says, as we stopped on a spot of the beach that was a bit farther from the club but wasn't too far enough that light still hit on us. We sat on the sand beside each other and we looked out of the beach. We had nothing to talk about that looking into the distance was the only alternative to keeping this conversation alive.

"Where's Tessa?" I ask, breaking off the silence.

He shrugs. "She went home. She's never one to really stay and play. She had just broken up with her boyfriend and she's in the 'I-hate-life' phase of the moving on process so.." He replies, giggling.

I nodded my head as I laughed back at him. My gaze turned to him. "How 'bout you? You said your heart is already taken. So, who's the lucky girl?" I ask, smiling.