Chapter Thirty-Nine

"I need you to make Tyler fall in love with me, Violet!" Kristine said.

My mouth gaped open. "Uhm... I don't think I'm in the position to do that." I replied.

"Please! You have to do this for me. The school's biggest beach party is next week and it's the perfect time to confess to him. You have to help me!" She said, clutching on to my arm for dear life.

My eyebrows crossed with apprehension. "I could help you confess to him..." Her eyes lit up. "But to make him fall inlove with you? That's a different story." I said, bluntly.

She moved a bit back from me. "What do you mean?" She asked.

I could feel the tensiom in her voice. She was not happy with what I said but it was the truth. "Well.." I started. "I just think that for a person to love somebody, he must find the reason on his own. Love is not something you can force, it's earned. And if you really want him to love you, you have to make him feel that you are worthy of his love." I said, trying to be as light as I possibly can.

"That's why I need you!" She exclaimed. "I mean, you have a boyfriend, right? You know the works." She said.

I smiled. "Well, you have a boyfriend too."

She laughed, as if it was the funniest thing in the world. "Yeah, right!"

I know her boyfriend's cheating on her but I just think that it's not right. I mean, people know that Kristine and her boyfriend are still together! Wouldn't it be weird to know someone who's in a relationship be with another person?

That's still cheating.

"I don't want to talk about him anymore. I mean, he's also cheating on me so it's just fair." She said. "Plus, I can just break up with him. Afterall, I almost got what I want from him and his father." She explained, her eyes gleaming with hope.

"What exactly do you want from their family?" I asked, curiously.

Kristine took a deep breath. "It does not matter. What matters is that we need to make Tyler fall inlove with me." She said. "Please? You're my bestfriend, right?"

Uhm... I don't even remember us being that close. How in the world are we bestfriends? "Yiiieeaah..." But I replied instead.

"THAT'S AWESOME!" She exclaimed loudly, gaining the attention of the people in the library.

The librarian looked at us whilst ringing her bell. "If you two don't shut your mouths, I will shut them for you!"

"Sorry, Ms. Abernathy." We said in sync, peeping our heads down.

But my eyes return to Kristine because the idea of her liking Tyler is just absurd in my opinion. I mean, yeah, Tyler is sweet, handsome, down to earth, and everything any girl could ever want in a man, but she's still tied down to Matt! Her boyfriend!

"Okay. So here's the plan..." She whispered to my ear.

○○○

For some reason, I was called out to the teacher's room.

And I'm pretty sure it's not Aunt Mary who called since she's at home.

I walked in to the teacher's lounge and one of the teacher lead me to Mr. Franco, my Art teacher.

He's a short man with small, round glasses nestled on his nose that was bigger than what we deemed normal. His hair was like of Einstein's but he always ties it which makes him look like one of those trolls from the movie of the same name. But, he was the kindest teacher that I have and he's always persistent and pushes us to do better. He never gets mad for no reason and when he does, it's always something that is crucial and important, not for him buy for his students.