Chapter Nine

I had just finished tucking Jack-Jack in to his bed. He was now fast asleep as I read him his favorite book, The Jungle Book. It was a shortened version so it didn't take long.

I went to my bedroom, taking a glance at the silly door that was just a few steps away. I looked down before I finally got into my bedroom, locking the door behind me.

I changed into my pyjamas and propped into my bed, letting the sheets cover my body in a comfortable, fuzzy feel.

My eyes stared at the picture window as I stared at the sea glistening from the beams of the moon.

I had planned on going to bed earlier but I just couldn't.
My fingers lingered on my lips as flashes of his beautiful face came through mind. I stared out the balcony once more, not knowing why until I fell asleep.

I woke up to a sound of a loud thud. I sat up straight, inspecting the room.

Was it from Jack-Jack's room? I looked at the clock which read 4:30 in the morning. No, it couldn't possibly be. He was still asleep and no way can he fell from the secured bed he had. The barriers would prevent him from falling, no matter what his position was.

I heard a laugh from outside the balcony. Could it possibly be?

"No way." I muttered to myself. I turned on the light on the balcony before I went out. I wasn't really sure who it was or what it was and it was better to see clearly than to not see at all.

"Oh shit!" The voice exclaimed revealing who it was. The pervert.

Seriously! Why does he keep coming back? He has no business whatsoever in this house. Is he actually waiting for me to call the cops on him?

I spot him through the window as he tries to stand up but fails. Is he drunk? I think he is. I unlocked the door and went outside. I stood a distance from where he was as he tried to support himself with the couch. "Oh, there you are " He said, clearly drunk. He opened his mouth as he actioned on vomiting but was not successful. "I was looking everywhere for you." He pointed his finger at me.

"What the hell are you doing here, drunk?" I asked, not really impressed with whatever move he was planning. I crossed my arms as I stared at him.

He looked up at me and smiled-- a drunken smile. "I wanted to see you." He said.

I rolled my eyes at his words but looked back as I saw a few bruises on his face, his right eye blackened. "Are you okay?" I immediately came closer but he raised his hand and looked down.

"Do not come near me." He said, voice shaking.

I scoffed in disbelief. "You're bleeding! What happened to you?" I asked, I came closer but he moved back. I took a deep sigh as I stepped back. An idea came into my mind and I found myself running to the kitchen to get a bowl of water and ice. As soon as I got them, I rushed back to my bedroom, placed the bowl near the guy's foot and went into my closet. I rummaged through my stuff in search for a wash cloth.

He raised his head at me as he tried to get up the round couch but failed again.

"Don't move." I said as I knelt down beside him, washcloth in my hand.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his low voice husky from all the alcohol he had taken.

I pulled the bowl near me and dipped the cloth in it. "I'm helping you, obviously." I then wring the cloth and started pressing it on to his face.

But before I could start cleaning his face, he stopped my wrist by gripping it tightly. I tensed at the action. He looked at me and I looked at him back through his eyes-- his blue eyes that just now had I clearly seen due to the bruises that heightened the color of his icy, blue eyes. "I'm just here to help." I said with sincerity. I had every intention to help. I wasn't gonna leave him here on his own while he bleeds his eyes shut! Yes, he has done nothing good in my life but i was not one to just abandon a person in need. I wasn't raised like that.