Chapter Fifty-One

"You can't wear heels." Aunt Mary said. "Especially those! They are 4 inches!"

"But I have to. The dress might be too long for me if I don't." I said.

"Have you seen the dress yet?" She asked.

"Actually, no. Tyler said that he'd send it but he texted me saying that there has been a change of plans and someone's going to pick me up because apparently, the party is out of town. So, I will see the dress there and also prepare there as well." I replied.

"Oh, okay." She said. "Just remember not to drink okay? It's not good for the baby... and for you."

"I know, I know." I replied. "The car's going to be here any time soon. I'll just call you when I get to the hotel, okay? I'll be fine."

Aunt Mary smiles at me and gave me a hug. "I know it's just for the weekend but I'm worried about you and your health."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "I'll be fine!" I repeated, smiling.

We hear a car pull up and a knock came after a few seconds.

"I have to go!" I said, giving one last hug to Aunt Mary before galloping out.

"Enjoy! But be careful! But have fun!" She said.

I got into the car and waved goodbye to aunt Mary through the window. Then we were off.

"Hi, nice to meet you! I'm Violet." I greeted at the driver who had a very plain expression.

I looked around the interiors of the car and damn this looks nice. I'm not really a big fan of cars so I don't know what car this is but somehow I felt like this is the type wealthy people have. I mean, Tyler and his family are well-known but if you look at Tyler, you never would really thought much about him. "So, how long is the ride?" I asked as nicely as I could.

"It's about four hours, Ms. Violet." The driver answered.

"Oh no no no no no. Just call me Violet." I corrected. "Ms. Violet makes me sound like an English teacher who brings around a stick for her misbehaving students." I laughed at the thought of me being that English teacher.

I looked at the driver and he did not flinch.

"It's okay, you can smile if you want to." I said.

"I'm not allowed to talk to any of Mr. Tyler's affiliates for privacy purposes. So, if it's okay with you ma'am, just lay back, relax and enjoy the ride." The driver said, being as serious as he could.

"Oh, okay." I said, pulling myself back to the seat.

The driver looked at me through the mirror and then back to the street.

"But is it okay if I ask what your name is?" I asked. "I won't tell."

He took a deep breath, a little apprehensive. "Josef." He said. "With an "f"."

I smiled brightly, "Okay Josef with an F. I will keep quiet now and probably fall asleep so if you would be so kind, please wake me up when we get there. Okay?"

He nodded. I fell asleep afterwards.

○○○

I have never felt so special before. All these people around me glamouring me up for the party nine hours away.

I actually am afraid to talk to them because they all had poker faces, except for the girl who looked like the manager of all these people around me.

I sat down infront of a big mirror while they did my hair and make up.

With nothing to do but wait until their done beating my face, I just listened to some music on my phone.