Chapter Forty-One

Saturday morning felt like the end of the world.

I vomitted once again, while being accompanied by a headache of some sort. But it was a bit bearable.

I looked into the mirror and my eyes were swollen. They were swollen from constantly crying. And even with how much washing I did, it showed and reflected the pain that was in me.

Sigh.

I went down to the kitchen to fix up some breakfast and talk to Aunt Mary. I have no idea what she's thinking right now and I have no clue how sge feels. Probably, she's mad and don't want anything to do with the baby because 'she told me so'. She knew that one way or another Axel will find a way to hurt me and I didn't listen to her. She'd tell how I made a fool of myself by letting in a stranger into my life. Not just any stranger but a mentally ill stranger. She warned me but I was too stubborn.

I know it's my fault. Everything that happened with me is my fault. That's the truth.

As expected, Aunt Mary was already at the kitchen with Jack-Jack, eating breakfast. They were talking about something that was really funny for them because they laughed.

But as I stirred in to the kitchen, Aunt Mary became silent.

The only thing that brought a relief to mine was Jack-Jack's eyes, glistening in excitement. "Violet!" He lit up as he came running to me. I bent down to him. "Look! I got a star yesterday!" He said, excitedly as he raised his hand for me to see.

I smiled for him. "Wow. That's wonderful! I bet you were a good boy." I said.

He smiled, earnestly. "I was!"

I nodded and rubbed his head.

My eyes wandered to Aunt Mary who stood up with her bowl in her hands. "Aunt Mary." I said, softly.

"There's eggs there if you want eat." She said.

I tool a deep breath. "Thanks..." I answered. "But I wanted to talk to you." I said.

"About what?"

I was caught off guard. "I-I don't know... About what happened?"

She stopped. She turns around to face me. "What's there to talk about, Violet? You clearly didn't want to say anything in the first place." She said.

I turned to Jack-Jack who was looking at us. "Could you please leave us for a moment, baby?" I said.

I watched as he took his feet out of the kitchen and turned back to Aunt Mary. "Please, just let me explain."

"Explain what? Violet? Explain how you got pregnant by a stranger?" She exclaimed. "There's nothing to explain."

"But I didn't know! I never would have thought that this would happen!"  I replied.

"Wow!" She said, turning her back to me.

"I know I made a mistake, that's why I'm here to talk to you."

She turns back to face me. "You're talking because you already made a mistake. Did it ever occur to you to talk to me before  you did what you did? Why didn't you say something to me before this happened? What am I to you, Violet? I know I'm not your mom but I could've wished that you have given me the respect that I deserve. I'm your family too." She said, tears already falling down her cheek.

"I know, but i was just afraid that you'd get mad at---"

"That didn't make any difference because I am mad at you right now." She exclaimed. "But you didn't think about that because you put yourself first instead of thinking what you're leaving behind."