Chapter Six

It was 5 in the morning.

I decided to go out to the beach because I simply couldn't sleep. I kept dreaming about the accident and it woke me up every time I fell into a deep sleep. This has gone on for two days now and I simply don't know what to do.

I took a deep sigh as I burried my feet deep into the sand.

Dad would've loved this. He always wanted to live by the beach and now that he had the chance...

I went on in circles, trying to push away the thoughts of my parents out of the way. I didn't want to cry again.

I walked to the water and watched it as it wets my feet and then retreats. It was cold to the feel but it was nice.

I inhaled some air that was both salty and refreshing. I closed my eyes and felt every brush of wind that passes through every strand of my hair. The wind also brushed softly on my skin as if it was trying to comfort me.

I headed inside as I heard the doorbell ring. I went to the main door and peeped through the hole. It was Dr. Harry. But he was too early. Usually, his visits are afternoons but he's here, 5:30 in the morning.

I heard footsteps run down the stairs. I turn around and it was aunt Mary. She was startled to see me already at the door as I was at her running down the stairs.

The doorbell rang again and this time I opened it.

"Ma-- Oh... Violet." Dr. Harry said realizing that I was not the one he was expecting to see.

"Good morning, Harry." I greeted. "What brought you here this early in the morning?" I asked with a sly smile. For some reason, I have a feeling that I was not the one he wanted to see but rather the slim, young lass waiting by the staircase.

He cleared his throat. "Good morning, Violet. Well, I'm actually here to... uhm..." He looked pass me and to my back and then looked back at me. "I'm here for your check-up." He said. "I have a conference to get to this morning and I really didn't want to miss our appointment." He added.

"Sure." I said, pretending to take his excuse. I smiled at him and him back at me. He was fidgety and nervous. I would've left him right there as I internally laugh but I'm not that bad. So instead of doing so, I ushered him in. "Come in Harry."

He wiped his shoe on the rug and went inside.

I looked at aunt Mary who was standing at the foot of the stairs, eyeing me. I shrugged.

She took off Harry's coat and placed it on her arm as she offered to make us breakfast. "How about I cook you two breakfast?" She asked. "Bacon and eggs?". We both nodded.

We head on to the kitchen where Harry and I took our places on the island countertop.

"Do you want coffee, milk, or orange juice?" aunt Mary asked.

"Coffee!" Harry and I both answered in sync.

She smiled and proceeded to make the coffee.

Harry stood up and offered to make the coffee himself. " I have my specialty." He said, proudly.

"Is it good?" I asked.

"It's extraordinary, if I say so myself." He said. Although, I was not convinced. I mean, it's coffee. Plus, for someone to have an extraordinary coffee, he sure doesn't know how turn on the coffee maker.

"You're off to a great start!" I laughed.

He scratched his head in defeat as he looked at aunt Mary who was secretly laughing as she was cooking. But aunt Mary couldn't resist and took control of the coffeemaker as Dr. Harry went back to his chair.