Chapter Fifty

"Violet." Jack-Jack called out in the sweetest baby voice he has. "Is it twu you have a bwaby in dare." He asked pointing to my tummy.

This hits a new spot right here. Nobody really told my brother about it but how the hell does he know?

"Why'd you ask?" I asked.

He smiled, cheekily. "Because when the bwayby grows up, I will have someone to pway wiff." He said. "If it's a bwoy like me, we'll play a lot of games like race cars and toy soldiers and stuff." He added.

"Why? If it's a girl, can't she play with race cars and soldiers too?" I asked, wondering what he would say.

He looked away for a bit, clearly thinking. "Well, if it's a girl..." He started, still unsure what to say. "If it's girl then we can play whatever she wikes." He proclaimed. "I would not wike it but atleast she's happy."

I took a sigh.

Oh, Jack. You poor, innocent soul. If only you knew the situation, then you'd understand. But you don't.

I smiled, brushing his hair. "Go get your towel, I'll let you swim today." I said, dismissing him.

He had been asking me to allow him to swim but the weather has been cold the past few days that I felt like it wasn't good for him. But today is just the perfect weather. I'm not going to swim though so I have a brilliant idea to keep my brother from drowning.

I took his little life jacket and a long rope and tied the rope securely to it. I mean, call me insane but I think this is genius. Of course, I'm not letting him swim too far, plus it's low tide so the water is just good for my brother.

After he got back, we went out to the beach and I let him do his thing whilst holding the other end of the rope.

A few minutes later, Aunt Mary came out and as she was approaching, she laughed. "So you decided to turn your brother into a dog?" She asked. "Are you out of your mind?"

"What?" I asked as if this was normal. "I didn't want to get wet."

She laughed, sitting down on the sand beside me.

"Oh, yeah. I'm going out today." I said.

"Hmm. Where?" She asked.

I scratched my head, not really wanting to tell her. "Well..." I said. "Just, somewhere."

Her eyes narrowed. "Are you keeping secrets from me?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Come on, Aunt Mary. I'm not." I defended. "The other day, I helped this pregnant lady. Long story short, she knew I was pregnant and invited me to this club thingy she's in. I know, it's such a hassle." I explained.

"I don't think it is!" She exclaimed.

"Look, I saw a tiny shell and a purple shell!" Jack-Jack said, running towards us.

Aunt Mary smiled at him and looked at the shells. She then looks back at me after Jack-Jack went back to his world.

"I mean, you're not going to push through the journey, right? Atleast you were able to have a glimpse of what it would be like." She said, looking at Jack-Jack. "Atleast you'll gain a new perspective, maybe not for now but for the future."

I looked down. "Well, yeah. I just couldn't say no to her as well." I said. I breathed out after a few seconds. "Anyway, I better get going."

"What will I do with the dress once it arrives?" Aunt Mary asked, referring to the dress, Tyler told me.

"Just toss it on my bed." I said, standing up.

○○○

It took me a couple of asking arounds to finally locate where the meeting was going to be held. Apparently, theu had to move the venue 'cause the house they used to hold meetings in got infested my termites. I know.