Chapter Forty-Seven

After an overnight stay at the hospital-----just for precautionary measures or whatnot------ I was discharged the day after.

I was feeling better. Actually, I was fceeling great.

I don't know why but I was.

Maybe because Aunt Mary finally talked to me or just because I know that she's got my back.

She's not fully supportive about my decision but I know no matter what happens, she will still be there and that's all I need to know.

Boy, I was so excited to see my brother.

With all the shit that went down on me this past week, I haven't given time for my little brother, Jack-Jack.

I was so stuck up on Axel leaving and me having a baby that I forgot what mattered the most, and should have mattered from the start, Jack-Jack.

Instead of giving him all my love and care, I was giving all of it to the wrong person. I was blinded by the thought of losing my parents, having nobody to love me that I looked in other places when the love that I needed was just here in front of me.

We arrived at the house just a good hour after.

"Would you please get the flowers at the back, Violet?" Aunt Mary asked as she got out of the car. She jumped out of the car and walked straight to the house.

I, on the otherhand, went to the back of the vehicle to get the flowers that Aunt Mary had told me.

It was quite a lot of flowers with different tones of yellow and different kinds of sizes. They were beautiful, I thought.

It took me awhile to get everything settled on my arms but I managed perfectly. I went in to the house and placed the flowers on the dining table.

I heard aunt Mary call me from outside the porch so I went out but as soon as I did, I saw my brother, Aunt Mary, and Harry with big, yellow balloons. Aunt Mary was holding the cake and Jack-Jack was sat on the sand. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIOLET!" They all shouted.

"W-what is all this?" I stupidly asked. It was perfectly clear that it was a surprise for me but you know, when you're confused and startled all while being pregnant, you'd probably say some dumb shit.

I put down the flowers on the porch, not really minding where I'd put it and ran up to my brother. I carried him, sand sticking to my arms. I looked at aunt Mary. "You didn't have to. I have caused you all the trouble alre----"

"Your aunt wanted to surprise you. I also wanted to." Harry spoke. "And I'm pretty sure Jack-Jack wanted the cake too." He added, smiling at the restless boy on my arms. "We're just happy that you're back."

I smiled, holding up my tears.

"I know it's been hard for you and I also apologize for not being able to be there when you truly needed me." Aunt Mary said, putting her hand on my arm. "I apologize.

I looked at them, my tears falling completely. I couldn't hold it back anymore. "I lost my parents this year but they did not leave. They're here and they made sure that you guys are here too and I couldn't be more happier." I said.

Aunt Mary came up to hug me, Jack-Jack in the middle.

I looked at Harry who was smiling as well. "You too." I said.

Harry smiled and then went in for a hug.

This is it. I'm forgetting the past.

I'll never mention him again, not anymore.

○○○

After eating the food that Aunt Mary and Harry prepared, I went up stairs to put Jack-Jack, who fell asleep on the sand, to bed.