Chapter Twenty-Nine

Axel was at the door, a plastic bag on his hand. "I bought you food." He said plainly, referring to me.

"Hey." I said, immediately getting out of the bed and went straight to him.

Tyler got up and moved out of the way.

I reached for the plastic bag that contained some packed food and held it on my hand. I looked at Axel whose eyes were staring straight forward. He had little bruises on his face which made my heart sink. "Your face." I said, gently touching them with my other hand.

Axel looked down at me and grabbed my hand. "I'm okay." He said.

"You should've seen what he did to the other guys." Tyler spoke.

I looked at Tyler then to Axel. "Axel?" I asked, worryingly.

He shrugged. "I just gave them their medicine after what that dumbass did to my girl." He said as he shifted his eyes to Tyler who was now trying to move towards the door.

My heart fluttered at the way he said my girl.

"I'll leave you two alone." Tyler said before going out of the room.

I smiled at Tyler and after he got out, I looked back at Axel who walked towards the bed. He sat down on it and looked at me.

I placed the food on the little table that was adjacent to the bed. "Thank you for bringing me this." I said, turning to him.

He smiled. "No problem." He said.

I sat down beside him stared at his bruises. "This is the second time you got hurt because of me." I said.

First, he tried to kill himself. Now, he got into a fight. I'm starting to think that I never really bring him any luck.

Axel turned his head to me and smiled. "Because you always get in trouble or get me in trouble." He said.

I looked down. "I'm sorry."

"What for?" He asked, confused.

I sighed. "Because I always hurt you." I said.

"It was not your fault. I just couldn't let that guy hurt you without fighting back." He explained, his hand sliding to my cheek.

"But you got hurt because I tried to save somebody else." I replied.

He shook his head. "No, you tried to help. There's nothing wrong with helping." He said.

I smiled, staring at his eyes.

I held on to his wrist and felt his wounds touch my fingers. I removed his hand off my cheek and looked at the wounds. The wounds that I caused him. The wounds that showed how much he cared for me. The wounds that I don't want to see again because it reminds me that I'm the one who hurts him, I'm the one that brings him pain. I don't want that. I want to be the only one to bring him happiness. I want to be the one that loves him and shows him that he's more than just a speck in the universe.

"What are you thinking?" He asked.

I shooo my head. "Nothing. I just remembered that I haven't called aunt Mary yet." I said.

"I called her last night. And I told her what happened." My eyes widened in shock.

"You what?" I asked, trying to comprehend what he had just done.

"I told her everything. I told her that it was not your fault and that you got dragged into the fight for no reason." He explained.

"And what did she say? Did she get mad?" I asked.