Chapter Twenty

Axel dropped me off a block away from school. I decided it was best for both of us since an extra three minutes of walk would relieve me from our little endeavor in his car and there'll be no eyes on him and his sports car.

I probably am looking flushed as I walked in to school but 'nervous' would be a great excuse to cover that.

I stopped by the principal's office to get my schedule. They also gave me some other pamphlets from different clubs and their own school ad as well.

I walked down the halls like any other student here in this school, clutching on my bag as I stride my way to my first class. Luckily, I still had two minutes 'til the bell rings so I'm not exactly late.

I wouldn't be if Axel didn't decide to you know... you get it.

I sit down on the far end of the classroom near the window because that's where every protagonist sits when they transfer to a new school.

I tapped on the desk as I waited for everyone to settle down. Not that I was the teacher but I get it, they were catching up with friends who went to some place in Asia, like Cambodia or the Philippines saying how fun their summer was and I'm here thinking how my summer would've been if my parents didn't die.

But, let's not repeat that sob story and just focus on what matters at hand--- my introduction.

People didn't mind me at all which was fine because I really didn't want to feel interrogated being the new girl in school. I know I said I wanted to be out there but I want to keep it cool on my first day or week. Just get to know the people, explore the school, and just settle in.

"Hey!" A girl with the most beautiful brown skin I have ever seen and an afro hair tied to the top sat down on the chair in front of me, enthusiastically. "You must be the new girl! I've heard so much about you!" She says which made my eyebrows furrow.

"You did?" I asked, intrigued.

She shrugs. "I mean, not really but isn't that what people say when they want to act like they know the person to be friends with them?" She laughs. "But nevermind that, I'm Kristine and you are?" She says, offering her hand to me.

I took it and shook her hand. "I'm Violet." I say, smiling at her.

She moves forward as her eyes narrowed. I then moved back, subconsciously as she searched my face. "You're really pretty! I love your blue eyes and your orangey-red hair!" She exclaims, twirling a piece of my hair on her fingers. "Is this natural?"

I nodded. "Yeah." As I took my hair from her, smiling.

"I think it's really great!" She exclaims. "Well, since we know each other now, I want you to meet my friends too! How about you join us this lunch? I just know you'll get along with them." She finishes just in time as the teacher walks in.

"Good morning seniors." The teacher greets as he steps on the platform, putting his bag down on the table. He leans on the black board as he crosses his arms. "I am Mr. Corey Henderson and I'm your homeroom teacher as well as your science teacher so we will be seeing each other more often than other teachers."

Mr. Henderson was a tall, chubby man. His head is bald at the center and his hair is white and curly at the sides. He doesn't look too though despite his hair, maybe in his mid 30's to 40's.

The guys went into a frenzy as one shouted 'Corey in the house' and everyone laughs at the reference.

Mr. Henderson raises his hands trying to calm his subjects down. "I know, I know but sadly I'm not black so your reference is irrelevant." He retorted. He claps his hands together. "Okay, so you know me, it's time for you to introduce yourselves to me."