Chapter Thirteen

This chapter is dedicated to woah_writer_x! She's really awesome so make sure to check her story out!

•••

"Okay Jack-Jack! Here's your fried chicken!" I sang in glee as I put the plate of chicken on the table. Jack-Jack also clapped his hands with pure joy. It was his request for dinner and I promised him that I would cook for him.

"It's burnt-aaahh!!" He complained, pushing the plate of chicken that I put my heart and soul into.

I crossed my arms as I tried to defend my burnt chicken. "It's not burnt!" I proclaimed. "It just has a dark outer layer." I mumbled in defeat. I shook my head and sighed. "I'm sorry. I guess cooking is just not my stuff." I apologized to my brother who was pouting on his chair.

Aunt Mary was the one who cooked for us everytime but now that she's still in New York, we're basically going to starve until she comes back. "How about we just order something?" I suggested.

Jack-Jack agreed with no hesitation, nodding his head up and down. "I want chicken! Cockadoodledooo!" He shouted, raising his head up high.

I laughed. "Okay, okay. I'll order chicken. Do you want icecream?" I asked him and he shouted 'YES!' while standing on the chair. I asked him to sit back down and he followed it. He ran upstairs and I heard his door open.

I sat down on the table as I ordered from a local restaurant. I recited my order and they told me that the food will arrive in 15 minutes.

For the mean time, I checked on Jack-Jack in his bedroom and he was playing with a stuffed dinosaur, the one on Doc Mcstuffins. He really likes that dinosaur. I then left him with his dinisaur as I went to my bedroom and changed.

I got into my bedroom and opened my closet. I changed into a baggy, oversized shirt and a cotton shorts that were perfectly covered by the shirt. I then loosened up my ponytail and let my long, curly red hair fall down my back, reaching just a bit of my behind.

After a while, I heard the doorbell ring and I hurriedly ran down the stairs. I was pretty hungry now to the point that my stomach was aching and rumbling at the same time.

I opened the door and to my surprise it was not the delivery guy. "Axel." He was leaning on the wall with a pizza box, two pints of icecream, and a bucket in his hands. He greeted me with his smile as he stood up straight raising the box and the bucket.

"I saw the delivery guy on the way here and I figured it was yours since no other road leads to this house." He said.

"Oh. Okay. Well-- uhm... I'll just pay you back." I said, grabbing the box and the bucket of chicken.

"No. You don't have to." He said.

"Okay!" I enthusiastically replied and as he was about to come in, I closed the door on him.

"Haha. Funny." He said with clear sarcasm.

I opened the door again to see that he was there looking unimpressed. "Who am I kidding? Come on!" I invited him in. As if he needed any more inviting to be able to come inside the house. He could just climb up the tree and jump to my balcony with ease that I sometimes forget that he's a human.

He went inside, slipping a kiss on my cheek. I went ahead of him to the kitchen as he closed the door.

"I thought you were not coming." I said, glancing at him while placing the food on the table.

Axel sticked the icecream in the fridge for later. "I told you I was coming back." He said as he entered the dining room from the kitchen. He sat down on one of the chairs opposite to mine. "Where's Jack-Jack?" He asked.