Chapter Forty-Eight

Three weeks had passed and I am certain to get the termination soon. Just didn't have time to do so because I had a lot of things that I needed to finish with school. 

It was a whirlwind but the reality is that I still have a life beyond the pregnancy. One that I have not focused in on much. So, it's quite hard to find time to really prepare myself for the termination.

"Termination", because the A word just doesn't sound right.

Not that termination sounds less gruesome. 

But the thought still lingers on---- it's not for me, it's for the child. 

I am not prepared to take care of myself, much more take care of a child. I don't even have the means to do so. 

I'm still in school, waiting for my high school years to end. Soon, I will be in college and if I pursue this, I don't know if I will be able to juggle the responsibilities.

I'm not running away from it but for now, there's nowhere to go. I don't want the child to live, knowing that I am not physically and emotionally capable of giving it the love that I, as a parent, should give. 

So, I scheduled for the session to be on Saturday which is five days from now. 

Don't get me wrong, I am nervous. I'm scared. Most of all, I feel bad. 

○○○

I visited my aunt's teacher's cubicle (which I seldom do), mainly because I had to pick up the list of groceries that she wanted me to get.

School ended early which gave me time to fill in her spot for grocery shopping. I also had to pick up Jack since aunt Mary had a date tonight with Harry.

The signs are obvious, to tell you the truth! She has been hiding the deets from me even though their relationship is a tad bit too clear!

Look, Harry visits every weekend which is not normal since he already dismissed me from my check ups. They go out saying that they'll be back in an hour, but the reality is theu come back an hour before dinner! And the only reason why I got to bring the truck all the time is because Harry picks her up.

It's funny and cute at the same time. Somehow, I felt like I was the dad that his daughter hides relationships from.

She's getting older and time is racing against her. She had to start a family sooner or later!

When I reached her cubicle, she was not there. But I did see a note saying that she was having a class. There was a separate note for me attached to what seemed like the grocery list. She also emphasized to take Jack-Jack on a burger treat.

I know, he's a little kid but he eats a lot considering his age. He's getting into bacon cheese burger these days. Of course, he can't finish all of it so I have no choice but to eat the rest.

So I did as told and went to get the grocery.

The grocery store wasn't that far so I got there before I even planned.

I made sure that I had everything before I checked out of the store and pushed my trolley to the parking lot. On my way to the truck, I saw a woman struggling to put her bags of grocery in her trunk. Since my car was literally just across her car, I was obligated to help her. It would feel wrong to not do so because on top of all of it, she was pregnant.

She picked up one of the bags but a few of the items fell. So I picked them up. "Here." I said, smiling. "Can I help you with the rest?" I asked. Of course I was willing to help her, I just wanted to make sure that she wants me to.