Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Dr. Harry." I greeted at the man who was seemingly well-dressed and appropriate. Not to mention the flowers he was trying to hide at his back. "What are you doing here? I don't remember any check-ups for today." I said, confused.

It was a thursday and we had agreed to change appointments from M-W-F-S to whatever day is free that week since I have been getting better and better. I mean, Duh. But yeah, he still wanted to check-up on me from time to time to see if I ha3è4d any complications that might show up late.

"Violet!" He greeted, weirdly. "Well, uhm. I'm actually here to pick up your Aunt." He said, stuttering.

I smirked. "You're going on a date!" I exclaimed. "I knew it! You really do like my aunt." I said, crossing my arms. "It's about time she had some romance in her life. She's getting old!"

I heard Aunt Mary clear her throat behind me.

I froze in my position as I was caught. "I mean, she's aging like a fine wine isn't she?" I said, raising my eyebrows at Harry who was trying so hard not to laugh at my situation.

"She surely is." He said, not in a 'saving-Violet' kind of way but in a 'because-I-agree' kind of way.

"Oh, stop it you two!" She said as she made her way around me.

I moved aside to see her and hot damn! She looks wonderful with that 1950's inspire dress she was wearing which was a dark green in color and had pastel, flower appliques around the waist that cascaded down to the rest of the dress. "Aunt Mary! You look---"

"Stunning." Dr. Harry cut me off as he stared at her like she was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid his eyes on.

My Aunt blushed at the gent and leaned towards him with a small peck on the cheek as a greeting.

"Okay. Gross." I said, not really wanting to see more smooching in my face.  "Off  you go, love birds! Remember, protection is better than abortion!" I exclaimed as they made their way to Dr. Harry's car. Aunt Mary's eyes peirced through mine which made me shut the fuck up.

"Don't forget to pick up Jack-Jack at three, okay? I'll be back late. I left food in the fridge if you ever get hungry and there's also money in the jar if you want to eat something else." She instructed.

"Okay. Okay. I know. Okay." I said, repeatedly. "You can go now. I'll be fine." I said.

Aunt Mary nodded as I assured her and she smiled before finally getting into the car.

"Take good care of her, Harry!" I said, winking at Dr. Harry who had just closed the car door for the lovely lady.

He shook his head as he smiled. "I will, don't worry. She'll be safe with me." He said, going to his side of the car.

If it weren't for Harry, I would have not allowed her to go. I mean, she's my aunt but still, someone needs to look out for her! But Harry is a respectable man and he's a good one. I saw how he takes care of her, how he looks at her, and just how he sees her as a woman. If anyone is as perfect for her, it's Harry. They're basically meant for each other because Aunt Mary's this sort of strict and firm one, but when Harry's with her, she just goes limp as if Harry is melting her and it's cute. They're cute.

They remind me of my parents.

Mom and Dad were a perfect match and I can't think of anyone more deserving to be with each other than them. They're like the puzzle pieces to each other's life and that's beautiful. And in addition to that, they're just so sure of each other. You can see it in their eyes how they gleam at each other's sight.

It's just sad to think that Jack-Jack can't witness their magic in his time.

I closed the door as Harry's car disappears.