Chapter Twenty-Six

The days passed by so quickly but u haven't seen Axel since we made it official.

I tried calling him a few times but he wouldn't answer which made me worry since he wasn't really like that. He'd always answer it when I was the one calling. Or if he couldn't he would text me back.

I have been restless for the past 5 days because he never texted me since. And flashes of his suicide attemot kept coming back to my mind and I'm afraid that he'd do it again.

This time, I won't be able to stop him.

"Violet, what's gotten into you?" Aunt Mary asked as she packed Jack-Jack's stuff. They're going to this birthday party at Jack-Jack's friend's house.

I raised my head to look at my aunt. "Nothing. Just thinking about school, that's all." I said.

She nodded her head. "Having a hard time? If you want to take a break, it'll be fine. I don't want to force you into something that you don't want to do after what had happened this summer." She said, referring to the accident.

I looked down, trying to push aside the thoughts of my parents. "Nope. It's not that. I wouldn't want to stop because of that. Mom and dad wouldn't want me to."

I heard aunt Mary take a deep breath. "I haven't touched anything from your parents' room. Maybe you'd find things that would be helpful to you or things that you'd like to use." She said, dragging the zipper from one end to another.

I nodded. "How are you and Harry?" I unexpectedly asked.

I looked at aunt Mary and saw her eyes widen. "We're fine. What kind of question is that?"

My eyes bulged, excitedly. " Are you fine or are you fine-fine?"

She rolled her eyes in disbelief. "Oh god. What are you thinking, Violet?"

"Oh come on, aunt Mary. Don't act like you didn't notice. Harry totally likes you! I bet he fantasizes  about you."

"Violet!" She exclaimed.

My eyes widened obliviously. "What? It's true! Can't you see the way he looks at you? He's like a tiger, steadily waiting for his prey. And here you are, acting too carefree as if you don't notice all his efforts!" I said.

She took a deep, calculated breath as she stopped. "I mean, he is sweet. But he's a doctor!"

"And?"

"Girls are all over him! Do I even have a chance?" She asked.

I scoffed. "Aunt Mary, he picks you uo and drops you home when you're running late for school or come home late in the evening. If that's not 'chance' enough then what is?" I rolled my eyes at her mockingly.

She laughed and shrugged at the same time. "I don't know."

"You won't if you don't try." I said.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"Are you expecting someone, Violet?" Aunt Mary asked, her eyebrows furrowed the same as mine.

I shooked my head. "No." I said. I looked at her mockingly. "Maybe it's Dr. Harry?" I said with a big grin.

Aunt Mary's face turned into a blush. "Stop it!" She said, which made me laugh at her reaction.

"I'll go check." I offered.

I rushed to the door and opened it and to my surprise, it was Axel.

But he looked different.

Axel's hair was cut, leaving clean sides with a bit of wavy hair on top of his head that fell perfectly on his forehead, on top of his eyebrows, his face was clearly shaven which left a clean skin that made him look younger than he was. I also noticed immediately that his brows were perfectly trimmed and cleaned which brought out his icy blue eyes. And he changed up his style from a grungy outfit to a casual, sleek but edgy outfit of what seems to be a new, black, denim pants that was not too fit to make him look gay, but was not too loose to make him look like--- I don't even know what to compare him to. He still added a hint of him by wearing a washed blue denim over his white shirt.

"Axel?" I said, not really knowing what to say. "What are you doing here?"

He smiled with the most beautiful smile. "I brought you these." He said, raising the bouquet of white lilies which were, coincidentally,  my favorite. "And also, I wanted to talk to your aunt."

My mouth were dripped as I stared at him. "Are you serious? I've been worried sick about you for five days and you show up like this? Are you out of your mind?" I said.

"I didn't want you to keep our relationship a secret. I want your family to know about me. And since your parents are no longer here, your aunt is the only way to make our relationship finally official." He said, looking at me with his eyes.

I took a deep breath, shocked at his words.

"Violet? Who's at the door?" I heard aunt Mary's voice becoming louder as she came into the living room. "Axel!" She said, surprised. "What brought you here?" She asked, looking up at the tall man.

Axel smiled, genuinely. "I'm here to discuss certain things about Violet and I."

Aunt Mary's eyes shifted to me. "And what could these be?"

I shrugged at her, looking oblivious.

"Come in, Axel. Sit down." Aunt Mary offered.

Axel did what he was told and now he's sitting in our couch, flowers still in his hand.

"I'll go get something to drink." Aunt Mary said, smiling at Axel as she walked out of the living room.

I followed her and made surw that she was out of sight before I turned to Axel who was looking down at the flowers he was holding. He looked up at me as soon as he noticed that I was staring at him non stop.

"What the hell?" I uttered, complete confused. "We could get in trouble because of this."

"We won't. Trust me." He replied, telling me to sit down beside him. But instead of sitting down beside him, I sat down on the other chair adjacent to his.

"And how are you sure?" I asked.

He grinned. "Trust me."

I shook my head in disvelief, not really assured at his words. There are only two ways that this--- whatever is happening here--- will lead to; Success, or total doom.

He looked down again and this time, I stared at him in admiration. "You look great." I said, calmly.

He smiled. "Thanks. It's all for you."

Just in time, aunt Mary came back with a tray of grape juice, a huge smile plastered on her face. She offered a glass to Axel to which he took and sipped down. Aunt Mary placed the tray on the table infront of us as she took a seat on the bigger couch which placed her in between both of us.

"So, what are we going to talk about?" Aunt Mary started.

●●●

Hey guys!

Okay, so I know I promised that there'll be some goods going on in the next chapters but this one, unfortunately not. Because I wanted to put the goods here but it would be very long and I don't like very long chapters.

But, keep reading because the goods are coming soon!