Chapter Twenty-Eight

"I'll see you later after school, okay?" Axel said, opening the door for me.

I nodded as I got out of the car. "Okay." I said, fixing the bag on my back.

He smiled as he leaned in for a kiss. But I stopped him midway. "Not here, there are a lot of people." I said, looking side to side before anyone could notice.

This was the first time that Axel actually dropped me to school. Not a block a way, but at the actual school and I didn't want to make a fuss about anything. Because you know how high school students are, right?

Axel took as step back as he nodded, biting his lip. "Well, okay." He said, with a smile. "I better go now." He said, with a smile.

Before he could turn and go back to the driver's seat, I held his hand which made him turn to me. "I love you." I said.

He smiled. "I love you too, Violet." He replied.

I closed the car door as he went back to his seat and watched him as he drove away.

People were definitely looking at me as if I had done something so wonserful, yet so sinful. I mean, who wouldn't? A girl had just been dropped to school by a very hot, tattoed guy who looks as if he had just got out of a model ad from a magazine. But I walked as swiftly as I could until I saw Kristina who was already looking at me with her eyes wide open in shock.

"What was that?" She said, excitedly.

I shrugged obliviously. "What was what?" I asked.

She jumped up and down. "Oh my god! Spill the tea girl! Was that your boyfriend?" She asked.

"What's going on here?" I turned around to see Tyler, Tessa trailing not too far behind.

Kristina giggled in excitement. "Oh. Nothing. It's just that Violet has a new boyfriend and she didn't even tell us!" She said, pouting her lips playfully.

"Oh god. No. It's not like that." I defended.

Tyler nodded. "Well, we better start moving or we'll be late." He said, moving ahead, leaving Tessa, Kristina, and I behind.

"What's the matter with him?" Kristina asked, looking at Tessa.

I, too was looking at Tessa who just shrugged. "Volleyball team." She said, plainly, preparing her earphones.

Kristina walked towards the door and Tessa followed but I caught up to her which made us walk side by side. "Hey." I said.

She didn't reply.

"Uhm, I know we never talk much but if you have any problems, I'm here for you. You know, if you want to talk." I said, fidgeting with my fingers.

She looked at me blankly. "Thanks." She said, picking up her pace.

I bit my lip in defeat as she left me behind. "So much for being friendly, Violet." I mumbled.

ººº
Time passed by in just a breeze and we're already at the cafeteria for lunch.

Cheska had just invited her boyfriend over at the table. And honestly, there was some kind of tension in between us.

What is I know is that Carlos is captain of the soccer team and that he and Tyler had gotten into a huge fight a few years back because the soccer team trashed the volleyball team's victory party, saying that they only won because the were against a very weak team and that they weren't that important anyway.

Petty. I know.

But Tyler has been avoiding any conversation with Carlos for the past ten minutes. I can't blame him because if that was done to me and my team, I would literally be in flames! But, all imagination aside, I wasn't exactly feeling comfortable with all this pressure and just imagining how Tyler feels right now is really heartbreaking.