Chapter Thirty

The week that followed was not easy at all.

Everything that happened at the party buzzed all around school and it's very annoying! Why can't people just move on and let go?

I sat on one of the stools as I watched Tyler and his team practiced. They will be playing in a friendly competition with a school from outside of town. Kristine was here, of course since she promised that she'd never leave my side after what had happened to me at the party. Yeah, I know. She's making a big deal out of the situation, but I'm still grateful for the effort.

"Tyler is so hot." She uttered.

"Yeah." I said, staring at the sweaty man playing volleyball while looking like a model on a sports campaign. But then I realized that I was talking to Kristine. "Wait, what?"

"I said, he's so hot." She repeated.

I nodded. "I know what you said. I'm willing to know why you said it."

She shook her head before she flipped her hair. "Tss. Can't a girl admire her friend?"

My eyebrows furrowed at her. "Well, yeah. But it's just weird to hear it from you. I mean, you have a boyfriend and---"  She cut me off.

"Yeah. A cheating boyfriend." She rolled her eyes in disgust.

My eyes widened in shock. "What? He's cheating on you?" I gasped at the revelation.

She nodded as if it was a normal thing. "That's right. I mean, it's nothing new. I've seen him with some other girl a few months back buthe kept on denying it 'til I got bored."

My eyes twitched in confusion. Why does she sound like it's okay??? Her boyfriend is cheating on her! She should do something! That's like a protocol! A revenge plan should be done at once! She shouldn't let a guy do that to her, especially her own boyfriend! That's just downright wrong on so many levels!

She giggled which brought me back to my senses. "I know what you're thinking. Why am I letting this happen?" She rolled her eyes amused, taking a slight breath afterwards. "Well, first of all, I have my plans with him so he's really important to me. His father is my gateway to a better future and since I didn't want to have a sugar daddy to keep in touch with their family, I opted for the nearest prey---his son." She said. What plans?

"Don't you love him? That's the reason why you two got into a relationship. Right?" I asked, concerned.

She looked away for a few seconds but snapped back to face me. "Yeah. I did love him before, when we first started. The thing is, he's really sweet. He's the kind of boyfriend that takes care of you and gives his time for you... That is if he isn't off to somebody else. But, then again. I needed him so I had to keep him close by acting as if I didn't know." She said. "Plus, he's a great performer in bed." She added with a wink.

I shook my head. "Oh my god!" I mumbled.

"Don't worry. I have an eye on him everywhere he goes." Kristine said.

"Do you know who the girl is?" I asked.

She nodded so confidently. "Of course."

I covered my mouth in shock. But I nodded, shoving the topic off. Whatever she plans on doing, it's her choice. I'm sure it's nothing illegal or anything. But then again... WHAT THE HELL????

"So, how are you and your boyfriend?" She asked. "What was his name? Alex?"

I smiled. "Axel."

"What the fuck! You're blushing!" She screamed.

I instantly covered her mouth with the palm of my hands as Tyler and his team jerked their eyes in our direction. "Nothing to worry here! She's crazy!" I shouted awkwardly. Fortunately, the team didn't really care, but Tyler's eyes remained on us for awhile before he continued to play.