Chapter Forty-Four

"I'm really sorry. I know I promised to do the mural but stuff happened these past few days and it totally slipped out of my mind." I explained to Mr. Franco who clearly looked disappointed.

He took a deep sigh. "I should be mad because a promise is a promise and this is the most awaited party of the year and yet we failed to deliver." He said. "You don't understand the situation, Violet. It's not just a mural, it's a centerpiece for everyone to see. It's your centerpiece. We only choose the greatest artist every year. I thought it was you." He added.

I nodded, totally understanding his point. "I know Mr. Franco. I'll try to make it up for you. It's still 7 am. We have hours til the party, it'll dry up. I promise you, this time I'll do it!"  i begged. I had to do it. It's not just me who will look bad but he will look bad to the other teachers as well.

You know how teachers are when they're in the comfort of their own cubicles. They prey on those like them who achieve less just so they could atleast give themselves the validation that they're better than the other teachers, whilst putting on a smile and giving out cupcakes to Susan and the other staff.

I don't know who Susan is, I just thought that it would be fitting in this narration.

But...

Fuck Susan, okay? I had to make Mr. Franco look good, I can't drag him to this shithole I am in. He chose me to do the mural that the whole school will see. I am literally the airbender named Aang in this highschool. So time to 'Yip-Yip!' my ass out of here and on to the mural.

"I'm counting on you, Violet. Don't disappoint me." He said for the last time before turning his head away to focus on much more important stuff like figuring out how to make a student's grade acceptable even without coming to class, because the world has turned. The parents scold their children's teacher for failing.

Luckily, all the paint stuff I needed were in the art room and  all I had to do was bring these stuff to the venue which was going to be at the beach.

But the sad thing about this day is that I won't be able to attend the party because apparently, Aunt Mary decided to be more strict about my pregnancy. She doesn't want me drinking and moving too much 'cause it'll hurt the baby, so I argued my way to atleast let me do this mural.

If you're wondering, yes, she's still mad at me. I would be.

We only talk when there's something important to talk about, but about Axel, she hasn't opened up yet. Personally, I don't want to talk about him. It still hurts. It's probably for the best that she's not forcing it. I guess she's just being careful about my pregnancy and stuff like that.

I took a deep breath.

I still can't believe I'm pregnant. I mean, I should've seen it coming 'cause we've done a zillion times everywhere, but I guess I was caught up in the moment and just went with the flow of the sperm as  to all the other pregnant teenagers right now who actually did it for the sake of the pleasure and not because they were forced to or put in a situation where their lives were jeopardized.

Do I regret it? Probably.

The problem is how am I supposed to raise the child as a student with no income? I can't just sit back and relax.

I mean, the only way to completely run free from this situation is to terminate the pregnancy but that wouldn't be the best choice considering that life was forming inside me.

But I could still do it. It's my body.

I took a deep breath once more as I shook my head. This is just nonsense. I am talking nonsense!