Chapter Twenty-Four

"What's wrong with you, Violet? You seem a bit off?" I snapped back to my physical self as I heard Tyler's voice call me out. I didn't realize that I was staring into the far distance of my plate, simply fumbling around my salad with my fork.

"What?--- Nothing!" Despite it to be everything.

Tyler bit his lip. "Are you sure? You look a bit pale." He said in pure concern.

My eyes widen. "I do?" I bit my lips a couple of times just to get rid of my paleness. "I must be dehydrated or something." I said casually.

Tyler shuffled around his bag as if he was searching for something. His eyes lightened up as he found what he was looking for which was a bottle of blue Gatorade that he placed in front of me. "Here, drink this."

"What is this?" I asked as if I didn't know what the bottle of blue liquid was.

Tyler's lip curled as he smiled. "You need to drink that to replenish your body and some other science-y explanation."

I smiled. I took the bottle and opened it. "Are you sure you won't be needing this anymore because I can finish this." I say, attempting to drink the Gatorade.

He nodded. "Yep. I have another one right here so I'm cleared." He says, showing off his other bottle of Gatorade that he got from his bag.

Assured, I drank the bottle of Gatorade until it was half empty. "Where's Kristine and the others?" I asked, putting the bottle at the side of my plate.

"Oh, Kristine and Cheska are at the meeting for the homecoming and stuff, Matt is at basketball practice, while my sister's at home. She got lazy and decided not to give a shit about her education." He explains.

I nodded. "Oh, okay. They all seem busy, somehow. Right?"

Tyler agrees. "Yep. Always have been like that."

I looked at him as he looked down on his plate. "How about you?" I asked.

He looked up at me and smiled. "I actually have a volleyball practice in 30 minutes. Do you want to come?"

My eyes widened. I raised my finger to tell him to wait for a second as I checked my class schedule. Luckily, I had an hour free in 30 minutes. "Yes!" I say enthusiastically at him.

"Great!" He smiled.

°°°

I sat on one of the chairs that were placed at the side of the volleyball court.

It was somewhat weird to have tall people surround you when you're short like me. I felt as if I was in the land of the giants just by looking at them.

Tyler went to the changing room to change into something more suitable for volleyball practice.

Right now, my eyes were fixated on the group of tall men playing volleyball.

"Violet!" I heard my name being called. I looked to my side to where the voice came from and saw Tyler waving his hand at me while he was looking gorgeous as fuck. Literally, my jaws drop at his sight. He was wearing this shorts that weren't that long but not so short either and his shirt stuck to his skin like a glove which emphasized every inch of his muscles. And not to mention, he had his glasses off. Gorgeous.