Chapter Eight

"I'm flying to New York tomorrow and I don't have a gift yet!" Aunt Mary exclaimed, waving her hand in mid air.

"Can Jack-Jack come, aunt Mary?" My brother, who was sitting beside me, face filled with chicken nuggets, asked innocently.

We were eating dinner which consisted of steak and mashed potatos. Although these were my favorites, I wasn't entirely excited on eating it. My mind was still fazed at the string of events that happened yesterday. Him coming into the balcony, for the nth time, locking me on my bed, forcefully kissing me, raping me. And now, instead of indulging in this beautifully cooked steak, I was playing with it instead. Flicking it, so to say.

"I'm sorry honey, but I can't. Aunt Mary's going to a really important event but I'll buy you something from New York though. Maybe someday, you, your sister, and I can go there together. Is that alright with you?" Aunt Mary explained.

Jack-Jack jumped in joy. "Yay! A present! A present!" He said, in full excitement.

Aunt Mary giggled and then her gaze landed on me. "Are you okay, Violet?" She asked in deep concern. "You've been silent since yesterday afternoon. Is something bothering you?" She added.

I wasn't surprised by aunt Mary's pit of concern, she was being protective of me ever since the accident. But I didn't want her to. I didn't want her to worry about me because I know that she herself is in mourning. Jack-Jack and I aren't the only one in this family that lost a loved one, she did too. Afterall, mom was her twin sister. They've been together since birth. They were apart quite a few times but never separated. Mom was the only family she had before she passed away. They were orphaned babies, left in a hospital in Florida, since then they never left each other's side. So, I know that despite her smiling facade, she's broken down inside.

I do love her with all my heart too, that's the reason why I didn't want to put much burden on her shoulders. If I did tell her, she'd be furious! She'd worry even more! I didn't want that. So, I'll try to keep this to myself for now. Stupid, I know but I have to do this for her and also, I am not selfish and tactless to make every situation all about me.

I raised my head as soon as her words entered my ear. I straightened fron my crouching position and cleared my voice. "Y-yeah. I'm fine. It must be because I haven't slept so comfortably the last few days but I'm sure I can recover." I answered, trying to save myself from blurting out the recent events.

"Are you sure? I could always cancel my affair, I'm sure Anne would understand." She said.

I jumped up, alerted. "No! You can't do that! It's hwr wedding. You must go!" I insisted. "I promise you, I'm fine." I assured her.

She looked at me one more time and then nodded. " Okay, fine. But if you need anything or something goes wrong, don't hesitate to call me. Okay?"

"Okay." I replied.

After our dinner, I offered to wash the dishes to which she was very much thankful because it gave her time to finish packing up and more time to rest. After I finished my task, I headed up to my room and showered.

I turned the shower on and instantly, the cold water hit my skin. I felt it drip, each drop caressing my skin. I raised my head while my eyes were closed as I let the shower wet me completely. My hair dropped down as water slid through every strand and into my back.

I bit my lip as I remembered what happened that afternoon. How he forced his kiss into mine, how I resisted and how his calloused hand grabbed my face. I brought my finger to my lip as I imagined his lip on mine. I also remembered the fear that lurked inside of me that moment and how I felt so weak and helpless. He could've raped me completely, he could've gotten control of me fully... but he didn't.

I remembered how his eyes widened in shock the moment he realized what he's done. It was unusual, strange, and new. Everything about it is new. The touch of another's lips on mine was new. I've only read about it in stories, heard about it from my friends, and only seen it on movies but I haven't experienced it ever since not until he'd...

"What the fuck are you thinking about, Violet?!" I mumbled to myself. "You shouldn't think about these things. He took advantage of you, rid you of your first kiss, almost raped you and here you are, imagining things." I added.

But he didn't really.

"Oh shut up! You know it's wrong! All about him is wrong! So stop thinking about him!" I scolded myself.

But you are.

I scoffed, realizing that my conscience has betrayed me full on. I decided to finish quickly, change, and then go to sleep. I had to go to bed early too since I will be driving aunt Mary to the airport tomorrow.

I made sure to lock the balcony door this time before going to bed, who knows when he'd come back... Not that I'm expecting him to.

But, you know, safety measures.

I drove aunt Mary to the airport the next morning together with Jack-Jack. After the airplane had left, we headed to a little restaurant to get us some pancakes. Jack-Jack was hungry and I cannot deny the rumble of my stomach either.

While I was busy feeding my brother, I saw an all too familiar silhouette come in through the window, hair messy, a cigarette on his hand, the other on his pocket, as he sat down on one of the tables by the window. One of the waitress was quick to notice him and she immediately came to his attention.

The girl was petite in frame. The black skater skirt elongated her legs which were further extended by the black pumps she was wearing. She leaned over to the table which allowed the gorgeous guy peep inside her skirt. She then twirled her dull, unhealthy, curled blonde hair as she giggled into something that he had whispered her.

Pathetic

I can't stand this, he was just too annoying to look at! He was such a womanizer that it made me disgusted to even see him. I hate him. I loathe him. And I hope he gets poisoned and dies!

I grabbed Jack-Jack up who had just finished his chocolate milk. I placed bills on the table, not bothering to count the exact amount. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. I wanted to be as far away from the perverted guy who was sitting by the window, flirting with his future fuck doll. Every bit of his presence nipped on my skin that I feel like if I didn't leave sooner, I'd get herpes or something. He probably has it right now.

I put on the hoodie that I was wearing over my head and tried as hard to get the fuck out without him noticing me and I succeeded. We got home safely.

•••

This chapter is more like a filler so I apologize if you didn't like it

But! I do hope you like the next chapter.