3. End Of The Summer Party

"Thanks so much for all your help Harry. We really appreciate it. Don't we girls?" Audrey says and both of her daughters nod their heads in sync.

"Anytime, happy to help. Do you need me to do anything else?"

"No you have done enough. I think we are good now. Thanks again."

"No problem."

"Riley will see you out." Audrey smiles.

"Oh by the way, I'm having a house party tonight so it may be a little loud. I always throw an end of the summer party."

"That's fine Harry. We aren't those moany neighbours. Megan sleeps through anything and Riley probably won't hear much of the noise anyway."

I nod. I look at Riley and she smiles politely at me. "You can always come over if you want. It's just a bunch of kids from school. You are more then welcome if you like."

She opens her mouth to speak but Audrey interrupts her. "Richmond school?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"That's where you will be going Riley, it would be good to get to know some of your new school friends. You should go."

"Erm. No thanks. I really appreciate the invitation but I'm not really much of the party type. But thank you Harry. That's really nice of you to ask."

Very, very polite.

"Well the offer is there if you change your mind. I better be going. Thanks for the lemonade."

...

Alcohol. Check

Music. Check

Snacks. Check

More alcohol. Check

Cups. Check

Beer pong table. Check

I think that's everything. I look myself over in the mirror. I decide to wear a black and blue checkered shirt, with a white t shirt underneath and black skinny jeans.

Looking good. Check.

To be fair I always look good.

Yep. I'm arrogant.

Half an hour or so passes and the house starts filling up with guests.

I walk around with my cup full of beer, trying to talk to everyone that arrives.

"Yo Styles." An Irish accent bellows through my kitchen. I know that voice anywhere.

Niall Horan.

My best mate of 8 years.

"What the fuck dude? I didn't think you were coming." He bumps my fist and we hug.

Obviously one of those manly hugs.

"I cut my holiday short bro. You know I never miss these killer parties of yours."

"Well I'm glad you're back. Get a drink."

"Don't mind if I do" He says grabbing himself a red cup and filling it with what looked like nothing but vodka. I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm Irish. I'm hardcore."

I laugh. "Well I'm not handling your dead body when you die of alcohol poisoning."

"Pretty sure my blood is 85% alcohol anyway. I'll be fine mate."

A couple of games of beer pong later. I've lost Niall and I make my way back to the kitchen. I grab a bowl of chips and sit on the counter top.

"Hey Harry."

"Amy?"

"It's Amanda. How many times do I have to correct you."

"Yeah shit sorry. Are you alright?" I ask even though I don't actually care.

"I'm good. Even better now I've seen you." She moves to stand in between my legs. Her fingers tiptoeing slowly up my thigh.

"Let's go upstairs, maybe I'll actually get to finish this time." she whispers.

I'm actually debating in my head if I should take her upstairs or not. Maybe I'll just get her to give me head. Then I don't actually have to do anything.

Hmmm.

As her lips were about to press on mine I hear that familiar Irish accent again.

"Oh there you are" He says as he walks in the kitchen. "This girl is looking for you dude." he motions his hand from behind him and in walks my next door neighbour.

I jump down from the counter and push Amy out of the way.

Wow that was eager. What the fuck was that?

"Hey Riley, I'm glad you could make it."

She actually looks good. She's wearing black high top converse. A burgundy skater type dress and a leather jacket. Her hair in natural waves.

"Erm excuse me. We were in the middle of something." Amy says.

I roll my eyes. "We are not."

"You are unbelievable Harry." she storms off.

I turn my attention back to Riley. Niall standing behind her, I quickly glance at him and he mouths 'she is hot'

I shake my head and bite my lip trying not to smile.

"My mother insisted I came over even for like an hour, and I had to bring this." She gives me a big bottle of which is labelled lemonade.

"Thanks I'll put it in the fridge."

"I also have this." She pulls out a bottle of whiskey from her jacket pocket. " I figured it would go down better then lemonade." she giggles.

Cute.

"Thanks. Would you like a drink?"

"Do you have water?"

"Yeah I'll grab you a bottle from the fridge."

"Thank you Harry."

...

At some point during the night I lost sight of Riley. I'm hoping she made a few friends here tonight. Might make her feel a bit better once she starts school.

She's a really sweet girl.

"Yo Styles." Niall calls.

"Yeah mate?"

"Someone is hitting on your girl." his head nods in the direction of the sofa.

I look over to see Riley talking to Zayn. He must be saying something incredibly funny because her face is scrunched up and she's laughing her head off.

"She's not my girl. She's just my next door neighbour." I spit.

I continue staring at her. Her hand resting on Zayn's leg.

"Dude you are totally jealous."

I look at Niall in disgust. "No I'm not. I barely know her. I met her 2 days ago. Why would I be jealous. And be jealous of Zayn fucking Malik of all people."

Riley makes eye contact with me and I smile. 'Are you okay?' I mouth to her and give her a thumbs up. She smiles back and nods her head. Then she fucking winks at me.

She actually winked at me.

She's flirting with me again.

Fuck.

Fine. I'm a tiny bit jealous of Zayn fucking Malik.

I need to go find Amy.

A/N how are you guys liking the book so far?

Let me know, by voting, commenting and sharing. I love you all xx