19. Nice Headband Axl Rose

Monday morning rolls around. Another week of school.

Great.

I'm tired as fuck this morning.

I stayed up late last night googling 'amazing date ideas' and 'what not to do on a first date'.

Yes that's right, I am that lame.

I just want it to be perfect, I guess.

"Morning Harry." my dad greets me as I walk into the kitchen, for whatever breakfast my mom has made me this morning.

"Holy fuck, you are actually here." I accidentally swear out of pure shock that he isn't at work.

"Language young man. You just caught me on time, I was about to leave." he takes a bite of the apple in his hand before picking up his briefcase. "I should be home for dinner tonight so I would like you to be here."

Yeah, of course he will.

"Sure." I say giving him a half smile.

He kisses my mom on the forehead and heads off to work.

"I bet you he doesn't make it home for dinner." I say to my mother as I sit down at the table.

"Have some faith in your father Harry. Maybe one day he will surprise you." My mum places a bowl, a cereal box and a carton of milk on the table in front of me.

"Oh so no amazing scrambled eggs today?" I tease.

"I was a little busy this morning, I didn't have time to make breakfast." She informs me.

"Eewww. There are things you don't need to share mother."

"Don't be so disgusting Harry. I didn't mean any funny business." She laughs a little.

I actually like the relationship I have with my mom. She is one of the best women I know.

Well, she did give birth to yours truly, so of course she is awesome.

I finish my fruit loops and head upstairs to change for school.

I look at my phone and see I have one new message.

Riley:
Hey Harry, would you mind giving me a lift to school this morning? Xx

Me:
Is your car not working again? Xx

Riley:
Yeah that's it. My mom has gone to work already so I'm unable to ask her. What do you say? Can you help a damsel in distress? Xx

I'm smiling at my phone again. My dimples must be popping out with how big my stupid grin is.

Me:
No problem I'll be ready in about 20 minutes. See you soon xx

I feel like I have a constant need to please her. I pretty much will say yes to anything she asks me.

Well maybe not anything.

I put on a Green Bay Packers jersey and a pair of black skinny jeans. I look in the mirror at my hair, it's grown a lot longer then I usually have it. I can't be bothered to do anything to it so I tie up a headband to push it out of my eyes.

It's something new but I'll give it a try.

"Bye mom!" I shout from the bottom of the stairs as I put on my boots.

"Harry, wait." she says storming out from the kitchen.

What's wrong with her? How did I manage to piss her off in the 15 minutes I was upstairs?