56. You Can Stick It Up Your...

"What are you doing here dad?" I ask him, folding my arms across my chest.

"I live here."

"I think you lost the right to call this house your home once you fucked your family over." I say rolling my eyes at the audacity to think he has any right to be here anymore.

"I didn't mean for any of this to happen. It was an accident." He says taking a seat on the edge of couch. He rakes his hands through his hair frustratingly and I find myself doing the same thing.

"Oh so you just accidentally slipped your dick into some other woman's vagina." I scowl, nostrils flaring, I'm beyond fucking pissed right now.

I hate this. I just want to go back upstairs and lose myself in Riley so I don't have to think about this shit anymore.

"You know that's not what I meant. The baby." He takes a breath before continuing. "The baby wasn't planned Harry. Catherine was just a moment of weakness, a stupid decision on my part and trust me I'm paying for it. I love your mom."

"Bullshit." I scoff. "That's total fucking bullshit. If you loved her none of this would be happening. If you love someone you don't do that shit dad. You're meant to worship the ground she fucking walks on not finding someone else to to get your dick wet because you had a, what did you call it? A moment of weakness."

I've never heard so many lies come out of this dudes mouth. I know I haven't been the best behaved man in the world when it comes to women. I've slept with them and never called, I've treated them like shit and led them on. But the difference is, I was never once in a relationship with any of those girls. If I tied myself down cheating is something I would never do. I would never say vows, declaring my love for a woman, making a home and a family with her just to get my dicked sucked by some random chick. If you don't love someone anymore let them free, cheating is something I don't and will never understand.

"Harry watch your language. No matter what I've done I'm still your father and I won't let you talk to me that way." He says looking at me square in the face.

"Some father you are." I mumble.

"I came here to apologize not to argue with you."

"I don't want your apology. You can stick it up your..." I don't even get to finish that sentence.

"HARRY!" He yells causing me eyes to go wide in anger as I look at him. "Sit the fuck down and listen to me."

I stare him down, my breathing becoming uneven, I want him out of my sight but I know if I don't hear him now he will continue to pester me until I finally give in. I sit down on the sofa and stare at the floor unable to look at him anymore.

I'm thankful Riley isn't able to hear this conversation. After painting a beautiful picture of how great my family is or was in this case I'm relieved that she can't see the shit show that's it actually become. She has already gone through the same thing with her dad, she doesn't need to hear all the excuses over again and relive the situation through me.

"Talk then." I demand after a few minutes have passed and not one word has come out of his mouth.

He cocks his head to the side and looks at me. "Attitude young man, I won't stand for it."

"What do you expect dad? Me to be shaking your hand and congratulating you on becoming a father again with someone who isn't your wife?" I sigh. "Because if that's what you want then congratu-fucking-lations now you can leave."

"Me and your mother met when we were around about your age..." He begins.

"I know when you met dad, I've heard this story a million times." I say and that's not even a lie. Over the years I've heard them tell their friends, colleagues, neighbours and the god damn fucking squirrels the story of how they met. I can probably even tell the story myself from the date, the exact time and what they were even wearing, that's how many times I've heard it.

"Let me finish." He clears his throat and carries on. "She was the only girl I was ever with, my first everything, the love of my life."

I snort at that statement.

"Catherine was new in our building at the start of the year. She was flirty with me from the very beginning but I didn't think much of it and brushed it off, she knew I was married and she knew I had a son, there's a picture of the three of us on my desk in my office."

I can feel the anger bubbling up inside me and the bile rising in my throat. I know exactly where he is going with this story and it makes me feel sick to my stomach thinking about how he could do this to my mom.

"Your mother and I were going through a bit of a rough patch, arguing a lot, winding each other up over the slightest little things. I found myself staying later at work just so I could avoid the arguments, I was tired of them."

"I don't remember you having any arguments." I tell him in confusion. I honestly don't.

"We were good at hiding around you. We argued in private we didn't want an audience. Plus you were going to Mitchell's alot then so you was only in the house one or two nights a week."

Why do I feel like he is blaming all this on me now?

"If you are trying to play the victim dad I don't want to hear anymore."

"That's not what I'm doing. You can hate me as much as you want Harry. I deserve it. I just want to tell you the truth of what happened. I fucked up."

Of he cries I swear I'm out of here.

"Carry on." I tell him, wanting this night to just be over with.

"One night I was staying late at the office avoiding going home and Catherine was there. At first we were just talking and we had a few drinks, I was just trying to be friendly and she kissed me. I didn't stop her and it didn't stop there."

"Why didn't you stop her?" I say through gritted teeth.

"I don't know." He shrugs. "Maybe because I was tired of arguing, it was something new and exciting, I never experimented in college I've only ever been with your mom...l"

"Are you fucking serious?" I shoot up from the couch. I can't believe he is trying to feed me this bullshit. Because he didn't get to sleep around when he was young, he thought is was ok to just dunk his dick in someone else.

"Calm down Harry."

"You chose mom. You chose to be with her."

"I know. I don't regret it for one minute. As I said it was just a moment of weakness. I was wrong I shouldn't have done it. I regretted it straight away."

"And then you told mom?" I question.

He lets out a huge breath. "Not the first time." He admits closing his eyes in the process.

Fuck this I don't want to hear anymore.

"I'm done with this dad. Seriously I've had enough for one night. I'm going back upstairs you can see yourself out."

"Harry, wait..." He calls after me as I ascend the stairs and I stop half way to the top, looking down at him.

"What dad? What more could you possibly say?"

"I'm sorry." He says. "I really am. To you and your mom. I love you both and I'm so, so sorry."

I can tell from his face, the tears in his eyes and the cracks in his voice that he genuinely means it. But I can't find it in my heart to forgive him and I don't know if I ever will.

"I know." Is all I have left to say before turning my back on him.

A/N
Sorry it's been a while
Vote, comment and share
XxxX