36. Confused Thoughts And Feelings

It's Monday morning again.

Why does time go so fucking fast?

I swear I just blinked and the weekend was over.

I woke up an hour before my alarm was due to go off and I couldn't get back to sleep. I used the extra time I had to go for a quick run before school and now I need to jump in the shower.

As I pass my parents bedroom I can hear them whispering to each other. At first I take no notice of it until I hear my mother raise her voice. I tiptoe quietly towards the door and listen carefully to their discussion.

"When are you going to tell him? He deserves to know." I hear my mother whisper to my dad.

What is she talking about?

"Just keep it quiet for another few weeks just so we can sort this out properly Anne. That's all I'm asking for."

"Another few weeks? Are you kidding me David? I've kept it quite for awhile now already." She tries whispering but it's just something she can't do very well.

"If you carry on raising your voice at me, you're going to wake up Harry, is that what you want?" My dad fires back. "We will tell him soon enough. I'm just asking for you to keep quiet another few weeks, please."

"Quit you're begging David. I won't say anything, but I'm doing this for him not for you." My mother tells him.

What the fuck are they talking about?

Are they talking about me?

What do they need to tell me?

I hear footsteps coming closer to the door and I back away quickly.

"Oh, morning sweetie." My mom greets me, stepping out of the bedroom.

"Morning mom." I say, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand, pretending I just woke up and was heading towards the bathroom.

"Breakfast will be ready in 10 minutes." She informs me, our heads both turning towards the door, watching my dad step out from the bedroom. "Your dad will be joining us this morning, he has a rare day off work, don't you David?" She looks up, smiling at my father.

"Yes that's right." He nods. "I'll be cooking breakfast this morning." He smiles brushing past me. "Give the old girl a day off." He jokes, kissing my mother on the forehead, before heading down the stairs.

"What's up with him? He is never this jolly in the morning." I ask my mom with concern.

"Must have woken up on the right side of the bed." She shrugs.

They are up to something.

I just don't know what.

But I will find out and I swear to god it better not be something bad.

...

After my shower I get dressed for school and head down the stairs for breakfast.

I peek around the doorway into the kitchen and see my mother sitting at the kitchen table. My dad pouring her a fresh orange juice into the glass in front of her, placing a kiss on her head before walking back to the stove.

One minute they are arguing and saying shit that I don't understand and then next they are acting like normal.

What the fuck is going on?

"That smells good." I say, finally deciding to make an appearance. I throw my bag down on the floor by my feet, taking a seat on the chair at the table opposite my mother.