52. I Hate Him

"Whose that dude?" Niall asks me when he sees the douche with the briefcase, that's strolling in next to Riley. "Mate you need to keep an eye on your girlfriend." He snorts, like this situation is funny.

It's not.

"I don't know, and she's not my girlfriend, yet." I inform him and now I'm doubting if she ever will be. I thought she was into me as much as I'm into her, but if she's meeting up other guys then I guess I was wrong.

And that kinda stings.

Who is he? I can't help but glare at them and the stupid fucking jealousy feeling rips through my chest when I see him say something to her that makes her throw her back in amusement.

Is he really that funny?

Who does be think he is? Bringing my favourite girl to my favourite bar?

I hate him.

"Well then she can still do whatever she wants, or do whom ever she wants. But let's put a stop to that." Niall declares, knocking me out of my thoughts about pounding my fist into this dudes face.

Jesus, what is wrong with me?

I don't even know the guy.

Niall stands up from his chair. "Riley!" He yells over across the bar but there's no response.

What is he doing? For fuck sake, this guy just doesn't know how to play it cool, he can be such an embarrassment sometimes.

"Riley?" Niall shouts again, but I don't think she can hear him. He gives it one last try and the douche with the briefcase looks over in our direction before telling her something and pointing over, which makes her turn around.

Her face lights up when she sees us. Which must be a good thing because surely if she has just been caught doing something bad then she wouldn't be happy as she looks.

Right?

I hope.

"Hey guys." She greets us, waking over with the douche in tow right behind her.

I'm trying to act cool but I'm pretty sure I'm giving him a dirty look which i 30% don't mean to do.

"What are you doing here?" She asks.

"We came here for lunch, what are you doing here?" Niall asks her because I must have forgotten how to speak.

"Same." She looks over to me giving me one of those gorgeous smiles that I will never get tired of seeing.

The guy behind her awkwardly clears his throat trying to gain Riley's attention.

"Sorry guys, this is Liam." She motions her hand towards him and he holds out his hand for us to shake. I don't want to shake his hand but I also don't want Riley to think I'm a dick so I fake a smile and return the greeting. "Liam this is Harry and Niall, friends from my new school."

"Nice to meet you both. I know you guys have just eaten but your welcome to join us for a drink, non alcoholic of course." He grins.

I hate him.

Riley can obviously see the annoyance in my face and she places her hand on my arm giving it a little squeeze.

It's a cute gesture but I'm still pissed about why she's with another dude, an older one at that. He is obviously a good looking guy and here I go with the jealousy shit again.

Liam walks us over to an empty booth and sits down, placing his briefcase under the table. Riley takes a seat next to him, with me and Niall sitting opposite.